Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top 10 Best Wrestlers in the World Today

• 27-03-2006 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

OK, everyone post their top 10 lists and then agree or critizise to your hearts content. Judge by factors like the ability to put on a good match, crowd reactions etc
    Here's mine:

10) Triple H
    9) Christopher Daniels
    8) CM Punk
    7) Shawn Michaels
    6) KENTA
    5) Kenta Kobashi
    4) Samoa Joe
    3) Bryan Danielson
    2) Chris Benoit
    1) Kurt Angle

Let the arguments commence

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

10- Austin Aries
    9- Shawn Michaels
    8- Samoa Joe
    7- Triple H
    6- Christopher Daniels
    5- Kenta Kobashi
    4- CM Punk
    3- Bryan Danielson
    2- Chris Benoit
    1- Kurt Angle

Number 10 was the hardest for me.. Paul London, Finlay, Regal and Jay Lethal were in the running!

Castagnoli, I wasn't actually looking at your list before I did mine, and we've got the same top 3, great minds obviously think alike! I haven't seen enough of KENTA recently to know whether or not to put him ahead of some guys in my list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

I'm impressed Fozzy, good work!
    I was thinking about it alot and I don't think anyone else wrestling today comes near our top 3.
    I picked KENTA going by the match he had with Low Ki at Final Battle 2005. I saw it again at the weekend and it blew me away. It was probably the match of the year in ROH. KENTA does this firemans carry ala Roderick Strong, except instead of a gutbuster he delivers a fierce kneestrike to the face. Its sick, in a really really good way! Im eager to see him against his mentor Kobashi. They're booked for some big NOAH show, I'm not sure if it's happened yet but it should be awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Is this the mutual appreciation society?!

I think Rey should be in the top 10. He's always been a great worker but I think he's improved alot as time has gone by. He makes Mark Henry matches watchable and even Angle struggles to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ONI

10.cm Punk
    9.triple H
    8.shawn Micheals
    7.christopher Daniels
    6.rey Misterio Jr
    5.jody Fliesch
    4.edge
    3.a.j Styles
    2.samoa Joe
    1.kurt Angle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Nice idea for a post. Mine would be:

10) Finlay
    9) Christopher Daniels
    8) Carlito
    7) Super Crazy
    6) AJ Styles
    5) Triple H
    4) Rey Mysterio
    3) Chris Benoit
    2) Shawn Michaels
    1) Kurt Angle

Normally Chris Jericho would make the list but since he's been on a hiatus I don't think he can be mentioned. Rob Van Dam would get a mention but I don't think he has shaken off his ring rust yet. Shelton Benjamin isn't as impressive as he was this time last year in my view so I won't include him. The Undertaker could get on the list though as he is very good for a guy of his size and he knows how to work a crowd.

I'm surprised no one else has gone for Super Crazy who is the most underated guy in the WWE right now in my view. Also, Carlito deserves praise for coming on alot in recent months. I thought he was great in the Elimination Chamber and his match against Van Dam on Raw a few weks back was excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

1. angle.
    2. triple h
    3. rey mysterio
    4. chris bentoit
    5. shawn micheals
    6. batista
    7.the undertaker
    8. super crazy
    9. carlito
    10.lashley

castagnoli wrote:
    I was thinking about it alot and I don't think anyone else wrestling today comes near our top 3.

Punk does! But he hasn't been up to much wrestling wise recently, so that's as close as I could put him

I think Rey should be in the top 10. He's always been a great worker but I think he's improved alot as time has gone by. He makes Mark Henry matches watchable and even Angle struggles to do that.

Rey would've been in my top 10 3/4/5 years ago. He dropped his game in the last two years though, in my opinion. A lot of his matches still seem too much alike for my liking. When he first came into WWE he was such a breath of fresh air, there were new things in every one of his matches. I'm not saying he should always be coming up with new stuff, but he could vary it a little more. The 619's gotten real old

The two of you who put AJ ahead of Daniels, shame on you! I think Daniels works a lot harder. Actually, just thinkin, if you saw the last TNA ppv, when Joe got injured, Daniels controlled the match a lot better than AJ. If it had just been AJ vs Joe it could have ended up much messier. Although, AJ had the match of the year with Joe last year in TNA..so he's not all bad..but still, I think Daniels is much better at selling, at working the crowd, all round basically. Each to their own though!

I'm surprised no one else has gone for Super Crazy who is the most underated guy in the WWE right now in my view. Also, Carlito deserves praise for coming on alot in recent months. I thought he was great in the Elimination Chamber and his match against Van Dam on Raw a few weks back was excellent.

Yeah, Super Crazy probably should've been in contention for my no 10. He's had some excellent matches on Velocity when I've had a chance to catch it. Carlito I'm still not too sure about. I'd put Masters on the list before him, and Masters isn't gettin on any of my lists yet

Long post, but I'm bored

I think we will find out how much Rey deserves a place in the top 10 judging by his title reign after WrestleMaina - I hope he wins anyway. I left him out of my top 10 cos he has never really been a main eventer and the fact that his character has been the exact same for at least 4 years.

ONI, good choice with Edge, solid in the ring, a great heel and very funny on the mic. I think you went a bit too far with Jody though!

I can see Punk getting the OVW title soon. His run as ROH champ is probably the best worked storyline Ive seen in years.

Daniels is definately better than Styles. He's alot more consistent (I've NEVER seen a bad Chris Daniels match) and Styles is too much of a spot monkey.

I havent seen much of Super Crazy recently but his ECW fued with Tajiri was legendary.

Finally, give me Carlito ahead of Masters any day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

i only know wwe at this moment in time.
    10 masters - star wrote all over him.
    9 mickie james -she is mad, great stories, good wrestler. future champ.
    8 edge - the most watched champ, ever.
    7 helms - great since mask came off.
    6 regal - great music, good wrestler and future raw GM.
    5 carlitto - he spits in the face of people who are not cool.
    4 christan - i always reckoned he was good.
    3 benjamin - a great wrestler like no4.
    2 melina -her ring enterence and a future champ.
    1 triple H - the king of kings. he is the measuring stick to every wrestler that comes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

triple h wrote:
    i only know wwe at this moment in time.
    9 mickie james -she is mad, great stories, good wrestler. future champ.
    8 edge - the most watched champ, ever.
    7 helms - great since mask came off.
    6 regal - great music, good wrestler and future raw GM.
    5 carlitto - he spits in the face of people who are not cool.
    4 christan - i always reckoned he was good.
    3 benjamin - a great wrestler like no4.
    2 melina -her ring enterence and a future champ.
    1 triple H - the king of kings. he is the measuring stick to every wrestler that comes.
    masters, mickie james edge helms regal carlito christian benjamin melina and HHH, no mention of one of the top three wrestlers of all time Kurt Freakin Angle. :eek:

have to say i'd be
    1. Kurt Freakin Angle, it's true, it's damn true.
    2. Christian
    3. Triple H
    4. Benoit
    5. Randy Orton , good in the ring and a genuine talent on the mic(eddie issue aside, and he was told to say that, he's great at bringing heat on himself)
    6. Sabu (all i've seen of him was ECW ONS but that was enough)
    7. Carlito Caribbean Cool
    8. Shelton Benjamin
    9. HBK
    10. JBL JBL
    (silly me left out trip)

• Advertisement

triple h wrote:

The only star he resembles is a white dwarf because he always runs out of gas. :D

masters, mickie james edge helms regal carlito christian benjamin melina and HHH, no mention of one of the top three wrestlers of all time Kurt Freakin Angle. :eek:

have to say i'd be
    1. Kurt Freakin Angle, it's true, it's damn true.
    2. Christian
    3. Triple H
    4. Benoit
    5. Randy Orton , good in the ring and a genuine talent on the mic(eddie issue aside, and he was told to say that, he's great at bringing heat on himself)
    6. Sabu (all i've seen of him was ECW ONS but that was enough)
    7. Carlito Caribbean Cool
    8. Shelton Benjamin
    9. HBK
    10. JBL JBL
    (silly me left out trip)

If Carlito is a top 10 wrestler after his last 2 matches with Kane on Raw than the world of wrestling is in trouble. In saying that I like him and the gimmick he plays but a better wrestler than Shawn Michaels? I don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i'd like to agree with you vince, based on his past performances in the 80/90's but as it's today,i have to say i find michaels routine in the ring getting old very quick , he's becoming as bad as flair for predictability.
    in fairness to carilto i haven't seen him recently, i'm only going on the past while up to about NYR, his lack of a finisher is killing him but i think he's good enough .
    grrrr, i forgot kane.
    personally i think micahels is disinterested in what he's doing, he seems to be going through the motions, maybe a nice feud with trip would restore his mojo, might also bring some class back to the WWE title after cenas crap run.

I remember months ago there was news doing the rounds that Shawn will have a much lighter schedule after WM, with a long break first of all. I don't think he had ever planned to come back full time, so I don't think he'll be back at the top for a while, maybe ever

^ That paves the way for RVD's big push. Raw seems to have too many main eventers at the moment so Shawn wont be missed too much. Have him come back every now and again to put over new guys. Maybe he can have another go at the top sometime.

At Mania, watch Michaels deliver. He has a track record longer than most of delivering great matches on a consistant basis.

No doubting that, i think HBK vs. Vince will steal the show at Mania. Hes just not going to be around as much after WM

if i were vince i would give out awards every year. i would call it 'the best awards' and these would be my awards
    edge = best actor. he was and still is the best on the mic and that footage of the flair road rage was priceless.
    motorhead = best song 'its time to play the game'
    william regal = best smack down GM of all time
    eric bishoff = best raw GM of all time
    lillian garcia = best dressed. every time she comes into a camera shot my eyes go straight to her. tunnel vision.
    lillian garcia = best ring announcer
    stone cold = best walk
    mr mcmahon = best club. i would not join this kiss vince ass club, but you got to admit its a good idea.
    daivari = best referee
    daivari = best manager
    jonathan coachman = best commentary. his logic and good reason and his abillity to call it straight down the middle is great.
    thats a good list. i am happy with that.

It'd be a great idea if they brought the Slammy's back actually. They were entertaining

Fozzy wrote:
    It'd be a great idea if they brought the Slammy's back actually. They were entertaining

I was thinking that myself. It might help to get someone over the way it worked well for Owen Hart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

triple h wrote:
    jonathan coachman = best commentary. his logic and good reason and his abillity to call it straight down the middle is great. thats a good list. i am happy with that.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: lord help us.... obviously u've been hitting ur self with a sledgehammer waaay to many times to think coach would win best commentary..calls it down the middle my backside

actually, funny thing this, i was sitting at my kitchen table having dinner one day last week and i bent down to pick up my fork. it fell a good bit under the table.i was under the table and the cat ran by me and gave me a fright and i hit my head of the sledge hammer that was taped to the bottom of the table.

Advertisement