Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place for 7800GS

Options
  • 27-03-2006 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭

so I was in peats today and asked how much they were selling the 7800GS for - €570 was the reply i almost fell over!!! anyway i was wondering where is the cheapest place high street or online to get one of these bad boys??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Komplett or OcUK are about the cheapest.

There is no hardware difference between the cards they are all the same from the various vendors, the price difference stems from the following aspects;
    Bundle games, extras etc.
    Cooler stock or custom job
    Clock speeds is it an overclocked out of the box version.

Stock speeds for the 7800GS are;
    Core: 375Mhz
    RAM: 600Mhz (1200Mhz effective)

So you can tell the stock versions from the overclocked ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭jones

Thanks man!!! about overclockers.co.uk are they a good company? I've never used them before and there prices seem good...I've just spotted the 512mb version of the 7800GS my god the temptation

Yeah OcUK are fine used them loads of times myself along with a fair amount of others around here as well I'd wager.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jimmy365

OCuk are good, just watch the exchange rates & delivery charges

Jim:)

Yeah i noticed VAT still seemed to be still at the UK 17.5%!!! does it change to our VAT at checkout?

• Advertisement

No I dont believe they do, I've always been charged the price plus UK VAT.

Use XE to calculate the final item+shipping price in Euros
    http://www.xe.com/

Sometimes they work out cheaper than Komplett and sometimes not but they have a good selection of items which are not so easy to obtain in IE (or Komplett) which is what I generally use them for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

jones wrote:
    so I was in peats today and asked how much they were selling the 7800GS for - €570 was the reply i almost fell over!!! anyway i was wondering where is the cheapest place high street or online to get one of these bad boys??

I don't know who you asked, because we don't sell it and I've never been asked to get a price on it. What store did you go into?

it was Peats in Parnell street - it wasnt on display but the guy looked it up and quoted me €570...

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭billius

Peats are the worst for prices!!
    I mean look at this compared to this!

or even this compared to this!

how do they get away with charging those prices?!:eek:

Yeah they are not the cheapest of places but suppose as long as people keep buying there they'll keep charging!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement