Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribunals and Corruption in Ireland

Options
  • 27-03-2006 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭

Hey y'all I'm doing an essay on White Collar Crime for Criminology and I'm just looking at different aspects to it and howit is present in all professional walks of life from business to politics.

So basically there has been a lot of scandal in Ireland about corruption which resulted in lenghty tribunals (which I ingored due to my age/lack of interest).
    So it would be great if people could nudge me in the right direction and point out some of the bigger corruption scandals with special emphasis on people who were guilty but were hardly punished.

Yes I know I could do this myself but finals are putting time constraints on me and I only want a push in a general direction. Also asking the 'public' gives an added bonus because a lot of discussion on WCC is media reporting and public perceptions.

Thanks for any comments!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

Sangre wrote:
    with special emphasis on people who were guilty but were hardly punished.
    !

CHARLIE, CHARLIE, CHARLIE.

Easily make a lengthly essay

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Oooh good one! My essay won't focus on these but will use them as practical examples. Also thinking of Liam Lawlor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

bertie ahern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

bertie ahern
    ???Shannon??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Oh, a quick note on what said politican or whatever did would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

bertie ahern

Mr Blobby.

Well, as we were in the realms of fiction. And at least my one can't get the board in trouble for defamation...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Meanwhile back at the Ranch
    biz zatch.

Riz eed that biz ook.

it izz bzz eye

Fizzintan O'Toole

We Oudy
    MM

Advertisement