Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opels 50-50 deal

Options
  • 27-03-2006 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Has anyone availed of the above? Anyone any views on it?

It seems like a good deal to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Ye i have and i have referred a guy of this site to a family relative that works in a dealer. get in touch if u like

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I Dunno. You'd want to have a look at the details of the offer. Usually for Offers like this, you would have to pay full list price i.e. no discount. That for one would stick in the craw. Also, I can imagine being very pissed off having to pay 50% of the full list price in a year's time when the car is a year old...
    Seems like you'd be better off getting a bank loan and paying full price now and getting the discount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I looked into this, vectra 27K
    13500 -50 50
    Trade in 6500 - 13500 = 7 up front
    Pay the remainder either all at the end of june next year or interest free over three years from this month on.

It is an excellent deal if you can come up with the first stage and dont have to get a loan. If you can get this without any finance would save $$$ on aprs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭hawker

I'll be changing within the next couple of months to a vectra/passat or a similar type of big saloon. This deal would suit me as I can pay for half with trade in with a couple of thousand. Does anyone know if I can pay more than half or are they only accepting the 50%.

At the end of the day I'll have to get a loan for most the other 13,500 that I have to pay in June 2007. But I'll certainly be checking it out.

Blahblah maybe you could pm me with your contact. Which part of the country are they in?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The downside seems to be that you end up with an Opel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

colm_mcm wrote:
    The downside seems to be that you end up with an Opel.

thats the major problem as opels depricate alot and by the time you pay the loans back the car wonot be worth much:mad:

The Nissan double take deal has the same problem, anyone who pays anywhere near list price for a Nissan needs help

colm_mcm wrote:
    The Nissan double take deal has the same problem, anyone who pays anywhere near list price for a Nissan needs help

thats true as i got a vw golf and bargained with the dealer and nearly gor 2k of the list price as i got extras now if you get this deal eg nissan or opel you will be paying way over the odds for a car.

That and Enterprise have Astras and Almeras coming out of their ears, they sell them in the auctions every few months, meaning there's never any shortage (or demand) for new-ish examples

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

hawker wrote:
    I'll be changing within the next couple of months to a vectra/passat or a similar type of big saloon. This deal would suit me as I can pay for half with trade in with a couple of thousand. Does anyone know if I can pay more than half or are they only accepting the 50%.

At the end of the day I'll have to get a loan for most the other 13,500 that I have to pay in June 2007. But I'll certainly be checking it out.

Blahblah maybe you could pm me with your contact. Which part of the country are they in?

Not trying to stray away from the original post but if you are choosing between a Vectra and Passat, I would advise you to go with the Passat. The Vectra's depreciation is huge, I bought one new back in 1999 and it was the biggest mistake I ever made. I had numerous electrical problems with it, the climate control packed in and the engine was very slugish. Problems aside as I could have had a Monday morning job but when it came to trade-in time I lost big time on it. With the Opel 50-50 thing you may end up owning more than the Vectra is probably worth.

I'm not gone on the VW premium brand marketing thing but the new Passat looks good but you will have to go up a model or two for a decent spec. Come sell on time at least you will get decent money for it.

Just my 2 cent worth.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote:
    Not trying to stray away from the original post but if you are choosing between a Vectra and Passat, I would advise you to go with the Passat. The Vectra's depreciation is huge, I bought one new back in 1999 and it was the biggest mistake I ever made. I had numerous electrical problems with it, the climate control packed in and the engine was very slugish. Problems aside as I could have had a Monday morning job but when it came to trade-in time I lost big time on it. With the Opel 50-50 thing you may end up owning more than the Vectra is probably worth.

I'm not gone on the VW premium brand marketing thing but the new Passat looks good but you will have to go up a model or two for a decent spec. Come sell on time at least you will get decent money for it.

Just my 2 cent worth.

Absolutely, the Avensis or Passat are the only two cars in that segment worth considering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭hawker

colm_mcm wrote:
    Absolutely, the Avensis or Passat are the only two cars in that segment worth considering

Exactly what I wanted to hear. All I wanted was a couple of people to persuade me to go for the Passat instead. I have heard one person speak badly of the Vectra and I thought they were biased. I'm beginning to believe it now.

Thanks for the advice ppl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I couldnt get anything off the list price, but did get a few pound more on a trade in offer which for me would make it worth considering, In fairness the Vectra Hatch sri is a good enough machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

the new vectra is a stunning motor compared to the passat anyway.

wellin fairness i would love to get this http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=348412

but not at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

drdre wrote:
    wellin fairness i would love to get this http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=348412

but not at that price

Overprice I think if you check out the opel.ie €33995.00

Id like to know where the extra €4000.00 is coming from.

Another prime example of rip of ireland.

kluivert wrote:
    Overprice I think if you check out the opel.ie €33995.00

Id like to know where the extra €4000.00 is coming from.

Another prime example of rip of ireland.

it is a very over priced car but i just love its looks i would not pay anywhere near that much for the car. i would prefer a vw gti 06 model instead as thats cheaper:eek:

Advertisement