Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

web hosting

Options
  • 27-03-2006 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi,

Wasn't sure where to post this but this seemed like as good a place as any.
    I'm constructing a website currently on my pc and I'm looking to "put" it on the net using web hosting. Also I want to purchase a domain name such as a .net or .com.
    Can anyone recommend a particular site to use?
    I heard bebo was good for this but when I looked at it it just looked like a mess.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Bstatic

Well,

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Well some of the US hosting companies do great deals, when exchanged back to euros. I use Dreamhost, but I also use Blacknight for my .ie domain and because pings to the site are faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Bstatic wrote:
    I heard bebo was good for this but when I looked at it it just looked like a mess.

Thanks!
    Bebo is not a webhosting site.
    The main Irish hosts are blacknight & hosting365, generally US tends to be cheaper but the support is better at home imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

i have the tiger plan at www.nj-h.com and i use www.godaddy.com for registering domain names.

the tiger plan is very affordeable and its really good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

Hosting365 are quite good and certainly not too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

www.bladehost.net These guys are real good, based in the UK. Excellent support, I use them to host for my band's site.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

I use Blacknight. I had been hosting with LunarPages in the States but decided to move the site back to Ireland as the price difference was negligible plus I knew I could get them on the phone easily. Their linux packages start from €43 (inc vat) a year. I got the Blog Package for my site which was €53 inc vat and you get a free .com/net/org/info/biz or co.uk for a year.

I'd recommend them as the migration process to them was tremendously easy and I haven't had a problem since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

I use instaspace.com very good value and support they dont do .ie's though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Hosting365 revamped their pricing recently - now excellent value. Pretty good service too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

the fantastic thing about my tiger plan at www.nj-h.com is what you get for your money:

1 gig of space
    30 Add-On Domains - YES!! 30!!
    Unlimited Subdomains!

full list here: http://www.nj-h.com/tiger.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

8 years later . . . :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Spammed message removed. Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement