Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuborg: any good?

Options
  • 27-03-2006 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I see my local Tesco have untold boxes of Tuborg for sale. I remember some dangerously naff ads for it a few years back, but have heard nothing since. How does it compare to Stella, or more likely 'biere de France' :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

I think it's grand. It's one of the alright cheap beers. I still rather Dutch Gold but that's probably due to a force of habbit more than anything. I think Hackenberg is teh best of them but Tuborg is nicer than Hollandia or any of the cheap own brand stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

its basically carlsberg. i actually prefer it to most budget beers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

ferdi wrote:
    Totally agree - 6 cans for €7!! You can't beat that for value.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Alkers

O'Briens used to do Bavaria for €1 a can.
    Now it's horrbile holandia.
    Aldi had a special on Tennants there a while back, think it was 89c a can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

not a huge fan of the ould Turbo (Tuborg). I kinda find it a bit too gassy. I'm a bavaria fan for the cheap stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Tuborg is awesome! Best budget beer out there imo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,870 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

kamobe wrote:
    Tuborg is awesome! Best budget beer out there imo

Totally agree!!!

And I don't think it tastes like Carlsberg at all even though they are from the same company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

This stuff used to be sold as a premium larger across Europe and it still amazes me that it is now classed as a budget beer here. A very decent drink and better that many of the dearer cans on the shelf. Doesn't compare to Spaten though but is about 1/3 the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Your right C Fodder, while interrailling in Europe two years ago Tuborg was sold as a premium beer in many places. In the trains they had Tuborg Special, which was nice tasting and high percentage beer. It is a very nice beer and usually my tipple of choice when I am headed over to the lads house for a night in and a few beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

It's made in Copenhagen by the same company as Carlsbreg. Over there it is regarded as verybit as good as Carlsberg and it isn't a budget beer in the slightest. I personally don't like it very much. I find it too gassy and not smooth enough. Just like Carlsberg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Tuborg is pretty tasty. One of the best budget beers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Tuborg depends on where it's brewed. It's made under licence in a lot of places so its taste varies. I've had mixed experience but I don't like the one sold here. Agree on Tuborg Special, much nicer beer. In Copenhagen they have four different types of Carlsberg and all of them were nicer than the stuff sold here by Guinness.

ahhhhhhhh Tuborg - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKmVd-_Wkwc&search=tuborg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49t_a9mm6ZQ&search=tuborg

both equally crap adverts ;)

However....

Not the Bavaria we know here in Ireland but none the less a good ad :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96n-82-RFQk&search=bavaria

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

for 6 cans for €7 its great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bartal

Tuborg is a deffo goer, have relations in Holstebro in Jutland, and Tuborg is the big one up there, best thing over there is it's about 16 quid a case of 24 and when you return your empties you get an 8 quid refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,870 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

If you like Tuborg, you should try the Tuborg Guld and their Christmas beer. Hmmmm....heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

ferdi wrote:

I don't know where this is coming from, I don't find it anything like Carlsberg. Also, I can't stand Carlsberg, but I'll heartily guzzle a €7 6-pack of Tuborg any day.

I never understand how it's so cheap in Ireland, savage value. Dutch Gold and co. are cheap, but Tuborg is inexpensive.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Ah, Tuborg, the beer of Danish kings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Manolo Blahnik

Tastes like money... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

used to drink tubey for a while i cant drink it now the ends of it are cack! i used to get some weird chest pains off it aswell ( i didnt smoke at the time) so i gave it up. i drink hackenberg now 9 cans for 11 euro its lovely stuff! ive only seen it in my local londis though never anywhere else its 5% and stays nice till the end.

Had dutch the other night and i wouldnt be a fan of it not great. Bavaria's quite nice also.

• Advertisement

Almost forgot about this but Aldi are doing a Tubrog special tomorrow, 24 bottles €20. Seems like a good deal to me :DLinkage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Its on sale on draught in my local €3 a pint must sample it sometime the cheap price is the only thing putting me off if its too good to be true it usually is syndrome i guess

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Why all these 6 year old thread being ressurected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I drink it in cans the odd time, its grand for the price just a bit bland.

We sell it for €3.25 a pint where I work and it pours well and looks alright and sells alot better then fosters which is available at the same price.

I think the tuborg sold here and the tuborg held in high regard abroad are different though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The dregs of Carlsberg as the old joke goes. Its actually not too bad at all, and very reasonably priced.

Fosters is the worst pint you can buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Why all these 6 year old thread being ressurected?
    It must be the recession !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

438082-flux_capacitor_jpeg.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

Fosters is the worst pint you can buy.

Not at all, Bavaria is much worse. Tuborg is ok too but best beer in price class has to be Dutch Gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭carlosvan

aldi bottled beer is the best in my view, its a larger bottle, sorry i dont know the name, ... prety pointless post i m sorry

Advertisement