Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion Black screen (sometimes)

Options
  • 27-03-2006 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

So anyone experiencing the thread title, simply put i can be running around for hours and then suddenly for no reason the ingame screen goes completely black

I have the cursor come target in the middle of the screen and the mini map, can hear all sounds and voices just cant see a thing

Shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Mine keeps crashing back to desktop while playing... its really pissing me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

mine crashes when ever i exit it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Allot of people are experiencing crashes even if thier computers are quite good. I hope a good patch comes out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

I was debating whether to get this on PC or X360..reading this makes me glad i 360'ed it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Been playing for hours in and out of the game and the only thing I've noticed remotely annoying is the AI.

Loving it.

• Advertisement

Im really pissed off! im enjoying the game but i cant play it without it crashing! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

hmm i seem to have solved my problem, hdr was turned on in the video option menu, changed it to bloom and its seems to have worked, no more black screens

Playing away now no probs

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i have got one black screen and it was when i entered weynon priory, just paused and unpaused and it came back but hopefully it doesnt happen too often,.

360 veriso by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    Same here, its quite odd, but doesnt really effect me much.

I seem to have fixed my probs :) there was an issue with oblivion and my onboard sound! just updated the driver and away we goooooooooooo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I ctd once every 1.5 hours roughly. Seeing as I'm caught up in other games atm that's no bad thing.

2 Solid days of gaming (started on monday at 3 pm and have 23 hours game time up til last night at 3am) and not one error. Lucky perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

2 Solid days of gaming (started on monday at 3 pm and have 23 hours game time up til last night at 3am) and not one error. Lucky perhaps.

You need to get out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

Ri_Nollaig wrote:

same here.
    bring on a patch i say..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Some patches and mods have been released. Not sure if they address crashes or anything but here they are:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/downloads.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I've had a fair few crashes to desktop too... I found that when ever I got a blessing from a shrine in the mountains (two different locations that gave me bound daedric dagger) the game crashes soon after. Another nasty one gave me a scare, when my autosave was corrupt, and I couldn't load it, and my quick save was stuck with 'cannot wait because the guards are coming' even though there were no guards coming. Turned out OK though because going in and out of a building got rid of the bug.

You need to get out more.
    Ah, I'm not that bad normally - this is the first game since Jade Empire on the Xbox that I've lost major sleep over. If the game is good enough I'll get totally immersed - if not I play for an hour here or there whenever I can spare an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

One of the problems with Morrowind was that when people kept quicksaving over their previous saves it eventually corrupted the file and caused crashes. Purely out of habit I now delete every previous save after creating a new save point. Not sure if that's what's doing it but not one crash yet....touch wood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

As was mentioned this is supposdely a bug in relation to HDR disabling HDR and using bloom instead should solve the problem. I've observed it happening myself as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

same here.
    bring on a patch i say..

Me too. 90% of the time it crashes when shutting down. I dont mind tho, if there is one time you don't care if it crashes its then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

updated to cats 6.3, which has fixed the problem for me for the moment.

Still crashes out on me when i exit though.

Advertisement