Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robert Jordan confirms rare terminal illness

Options
  • 27-03-2006 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Robert jordan has confirmed that he has a rare desease. The sad news is that the median life expectancy is only about four years. I feel a bit guilty now because for ages I have been joking that RJ would probably die before he finished the WOT. Now that this is a real possibility I can only wish the man the very best. On a more positive note he is clearly not giving up and has declared "I am going to finish those books, all of them, and that is that."

Source wotmania.com
    http://www.wotmania.com/wotmessageboardshowmessage.asp?MessageID=311647

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanfear

Mad Mike wrote:
    On a more positive note he is clearly not giving up and has declared "I am going to finish those books, all of them, and that is that."
    Realistically, thats not going to happen. Selfishly, I hope he can get the WoT finished, it would be terrible to have an 'unfinished tales' situation. Its very sad news alright for anyone who enjoys his books, and theres no point in feeling guilty - I'm an ardent fan and would still admit to wishing the 'next' book would come out and we could finally get to the last battle!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Wow, that sucks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Please, may he finish it I put too much work into reading the books. What age is he anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I think he's in his early 50's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There is a plot book that anotates up all the story ends which is lodged with his las will and testement. There was some talk of his son taking up were ever his Dad finishes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I thought Book 12 was meant to be the last right? There's only one more to go no?

The twisted thing is I knew a few people who used to make jokes about "what if dies whilst writing". Now it's nastily closer. As much as I've fallen out of love for the WoT in the last few years in favour of, IMHO, stories where its clear that their intricate plotlines have been worked out (Mr. Erikson take a bow), I still want this cursed thing to finish and not be haunted by a bleak end for the man who gave the world so many Conan adventures...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

From what I've read in the last book released, it HAS to be the second last book, possibly third if you stretch it. Not too much longer to go. *sigh*

And yeah, it's kinda funny (in a sad way) how everyone said he'll die before he finishes and now this...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

ixoy wrote:
    I thought Book 12 was meant to be the last right? There's only one more to go no?

The twisted thing is I knew a few people who used to make jokes about "what if dies whilst writing". Now it's nastily closer. As much as I've fallen out of love for the WoT in the last few years in favour of, IMHO, stories where its clear that their intricate plotlines have been worked out (Mr. Erikson take a bow), I still want this cursed thing to finish and not be haunted by a bleak end for the man who gave the world so many Conan adventures...

My thoughts exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

I thought it more likely that I (along with the rest of the human race) would die before he ever finished it.

Sad to hear about this none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

aye it is sad,

ive definatley harboured a grudge against RJ over the WOT.

i remember reading my first WOT book back in 1990 or something (and thats wasnt book 1 either).

and last book didnt impress me that much, theres too many story lines to follow, and i couldnt have been arsed reading the first 10 again (for the 3rd time)

but i certainly hope he finishes them, i need closure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement