Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing a power shower

Options
  • 27-03-2006 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hi,
    I have just bought a gainsborough diplomat power shower, which will use hot water from the tank etc...

I haven't got any quotes for installing this, but would anyone have any idea? The bathroom is next to the hotpress and there is a shaving light which I can use for the power. The only thing is that it will probably be awkward as it is a hipped roof and the plumber will have to crawl in to get the pipes down.

Any ideas of price in the Meath area?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

An electric shower connected up to the shave socket that should be interesting ! Why not save time and put a little plug on the end of some lamp flex and connect it to the shower !!! ( Only joking ) But please get an expert !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

An electric shower connected up to the shave socket that should be interesting ! Why not save time and put a little plug on the end of some lamp flex and connect it to the shower !!! ( Only joking ) But please get an expert !

i dont think he means the socket , but he has a live wire which can be used for a shaver or light. I am not sure with this type of shower if its only a pump, but arent most showers usually wiried to there own Trip switch for safety?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Any shower needs its own trip and an isolater.

Its a full days work, maybe two. Check Goldenpages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 seanmc

Hopefully I'll be getting a quote tonight.

It's not an electric shower that heats the water as it takes the hot water from the cylinder. It's a power shower that basically has an integrated pump to boost the supply.

Because it's a power shower the power supply is low voltage. My plan is to use the power from a shaver light that's seldom used and fit an isolating switch.

A plumber is to get back to me tonight so we'll see. I got his name from www.homewise.ie, which is a handy site.

Advertisement