Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kitchen Fitting...

Options
  • 27-03-2006 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, We are about to purchase some new cupboards/larders for our existing kitchen.
    The original kitchen is from Cash&Carry so we are kinda stuck with going there.
    However, we have since been informed that the style of the worktop (specifically the shape of the bull-nose) has changed since ours was installed so we have to get a whole new one.

Cash&Carry do not do the Mason's Mitre joint, rather they use the metal jointing strip, which I think looks terrible.

Can anyone recommend
    a) a worktop supplier (Noyeks?)
    b) a guide price for Formica worktop (per length)
    c) an installer for the worktop who will do the much more professional joint? (a price per joint)

Thanks to all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

<Bump>
    Anyone can any rec's for a kitchen fitter?
    Or indeed, is anyone on here a kitchen fitter?!
    I cant find squat in the yellow pages, and as described, Cash&Carry advised me that they will only do the metal strip joint, which imo, defeats the point of spending good money on a nice kitchen.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

What part of the country are you in? If it's Dublin one of the fella's I work with is up there for the next month or so and might be able to do it in the evenings

Advertisement