Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Eten M600

• 27-03-2006 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

This looks like an interesting PDA/smartphone, has anyone had any hands on experience with it? Is it available anywhere in Ireland?
    i can only find it available from Hungary and i'd prefer to see it in the flesh before i part with money. Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kenr

Hi ,

I got mine from Expansys -- http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=126907

I ordered from their UK site because it was cheaper than the irish one.With the money I saved I ordered a car charger and spare stylus.Delivery only took about 4 days.
    So far I'm very happy with it, it took a little getting used to as I've only ever owned Nokia phones. My last one was a 6600 and the M600 is about the same size just slightly (a few mm here and there) larger and squared off while the nokia is rounded.

Have a look at http://www.eten-users.net There is loads of info there.

Ken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Glad to hear it's not too big, hard to tell from the photos. Have you tried running any SIP softphone on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

I'm also thinking of getting this phone (off Expansys UK site). Like kenr, my last phone was a 6600 and I'm looking for the extra functionality of a pda with wifi, without going fullsize.

Would be interested to hear from anyone else with any experience of this model.

http://www.eten-users.net has certainly been a help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kenr

I havn't tried SIP softphone on the M600. To be honest I've fairly busy lately and havn't tweaked it too much.I have upgraded the Rom to latest one. Skype is preinstalled if that is of any use to you ,as well as a new backup utility.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭aledoux

I just ordered a Mio A701 which is pretty cool as well and had good reviews.
    I will let you know how it is once I have it.
    The good thing about this phone is that it has latest GPS technology so you can use it as Sat Nav in the car or anywhere.
    And knowing that by this summer ireland should be covered 100% it is nice to have.
    It doesnt have WiFi but I got a SD wifi card that you can slot in and surf the web and use skype as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement