Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Head of Road Safety

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Onkle51 wrote:
    Thing is the people that have been watching and listening to him for the last 40 odd years aren't the ones driving like maniacs and killing themselves and others

No, but the people who have been listening to him for the past 40+ years are the ones driving home after 10 pints at the local

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

they're not the ones crashing though.........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

colm_mcm wrote:
    they're not the ones crashing though.........

Oh right, that makes it perfectly fine then!

Apologies :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Mioght not be such a bad thing.

I remebmer from his Late-Late days that he always had a very tough attitude about criminals. If they are guilty, they go down, for as long as possible.
    I think I also remember he wasn't impressed with how well prisoners are looked after, Satalite TV, etc. etc.

I know he has absoloutely no sway in these matters, but if he brings that 'no-nonsense' approach to the road safety council, maybe he'll do allright.

Lets give him a chance before slating him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I think Gaybo is an ignorant and prejudiced little weasel and his appointment is dubious to say the least. I guess he will have to be judged on what he achieves although I won't be holding my breath.

• Advertisement

I can see langer lands new flash animation already

"OhKay! Auntie Gaybo says slowdown OhKay!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He was on Pat Kennys radio prog this morning, he aquitted himself very well. He made it clear that at his time of life he ain't doing this for fun or to be frustrated by THE POWERS THAT BE, the audio archive will be online tomorrow sometime if you want to listen. Add the link when it appears.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

He revealed he was only approached two weeks ago. Mr Cullen personally offered him the job. He was given one week to decide if he wanted it.

Sources said last night the minister himself decided to head-hunt Gaybo as he felt he was the best person for the job.

So which PR brain gave Martin Cullen the idea?

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=9&si=1589405&issue_id=13862

use bugmenot and remember me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heres the real audio of gaybo speaking with Pat Kenny http://www.rte.ie/rams/radio/latest/Tue/rte-todaywithpatkenny.smil its the first feature 3 mins in.

Mike.

Advertisement