Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Erikkson for Chelsea ?

• 27-03-2006 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

I hope this isn't true, I mean Abramovich is a fool if he can
    believe Erikkson can do a better job then Mourinho.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I doubt it myself. Newcastle is more likely or Aston Villa! :p

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

berengar wrote:
    I hope this isn't true, I mean Abramovich is a fool if he can
    believe Erikkson can do a better job then Mourinho.

You hope what isn't true? Where have you heard this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I would bet all of my money(-700 euro) on Erikkson never ever ever getting the Chelsea job.
    Even if, and this is a huge even if, Mourinho left, why the **** would they get Erikkson to replace him? Why not Capello? This is very simply, a story by the English press, to make Eriksson out to be a better more respected manager than he is, trying to make the English team seem better. It is also probably leaked by the FA to try forget that they make a woeful decision in appointing him.

As a Man Utd fan, I'd welcome it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/4847186.stm
    wrote:
    Chelsea have dismissed media claims England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson is poised to take over from boss Jose Mourinho at the end of the season.

Responding to a Mail on Sunday report, a club spokesman said: "More totally false stories have been published with the aim of destabilising the club.

"This will not succeed and we will not continue to comment on such reports.

"The club and Jose are united in an exciting long-term project to make the club one of the best in Europe."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

"The club and Jose are united in an exciting long-term project to make the club one of the best in Europe."
    Wouldn't go that far now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i highly doubt SGE would take over, what has José done wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

I wouldn't put it past Abramovic. Although he seems to have turned the corner, an try run the club professionally with a goal to make profits, he could take all this unpopularity to heart. Remember why he bought the club. And that Erikson is a "personal" friend or him. Anything could happen if he wanted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Erriksson's a fraud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

So's Maureen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

zabbo wrote:
    So's Maureen

how do you make that out then ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

zabbo wrote:
    So's Maureen
    I would'nt go that far, more somebody who believes his own hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

I'd imagine this to be a complete and utter load of cockfosters. Mourinho will have led Chelsea to 2 titles in a year, therefore tripling their previous league title winning seasons. He's not going to be booted, and I can't see him walking either. As a Utd fan I'd be delighted to see it happen! I used be a fan of SGE pre-England, but dear Lord do I think he's done a sh!te job for an astronomical salary there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mourinho will have led Chelsea to 2 titles in a year
    That'll be some trick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Sven is a media whore manager. Sure, he might get Chelsea liked a bit more, but what they'd gain on the swings, they'd lose on the roundabouts: respect. People may not like Chelsea now, but they damn well respect them. I'd lose all that if Sven was manager, he simply isn't a world class manager. And if the players that England have this yar manage to win the world cup it won't be because of Svens direction. Sven is being clever though, if they win, he goes out on a high and his reputation intact, if they don't, he can say that it was because of the turmoil before the world cup and not his fault.

Mourinho is three or four times the manager Sven is. So is Rafa. Or even Ferguson, even past his prime. Newcastle shouldn't take him either.

I can't see Sven getting Chelsea, even Abramovich isn't that stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dirkey_wynne

BaZmO* wrote:
    That'll be some trick!
    Lol. Erm, well, May - May is one year. :D You know what I meant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

I still think Real is more likely for Sven, that sort of big name over hyped manager goes down well in Madrid, especially if England do well this summer.

Personally I dont rate him at all and I think he has been found out as the average manager that he is (most managers could make a decent squad out of the current crop of english players) I cant see chelsea or any other english team taking him on, for one thing the wages he wants would probably price him out of contention for everyone except chelsea (and unless things take a severe turn for the worst with mourinho, I cant see that job being available anytime soon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

yep sven for real is a good money bet imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

As was previously said, Jose is leading Chelsea to their 2nd sucessive title. They did the League Cup and Prem double last year and could possibly do the real double this year.

Why would they get rid of Jose for an average manager like SGE? Anyone could have won the title with that Lazio team he had, it was as Lenny would say "dy-no-mite!" But in a similar vein to Houllier he tends to look lost when he team aren't winning and doesn't instill the confidence that he would win back to back titles either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

iregk wrote:
    Anyone could have won the title with that Lazio team he had
    The same team Sven spent £200m on ,and nearly bankrupted the club.
    Eriksson is a fraud,all talk but no action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

The same team Sven spent £200m on ,and nearly bankrupted the club.
    Eriksson is a fraud,all talk but no action.

Yeah exactly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement