Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little idea

Options
  • 27-03-2006 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I think it would be handy if we could have a link to "My Thread" & "Threads I Have Posted In" just under where it says "Private Messages"
    123465.jpg

I've seen this at a couple of other forums on the net and it is very handy :)

Also when i say "Threads I Have Posted In" i mean in this format:
    yes123456.jpg

Not this format:
    not.jpg

Just a suggestion :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I don't get it, where's the fighting the power angle?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Click on your own name.

Click on "more posts by [your name]"

Voila. Or if you're feeling musical, viola.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

amp wrote:

I gave up :D

amp wrote:

oh yeah btw i posted in that other thread where the OP was complaining about you locking a thread. I gave my view on what i think should be done(throughout boards) what i said wasn't really directed towards you :cool:

Click on your own name.

Click on "more posts by [your name]"

Voila. Or if you're feeling musical, viola.

I am aware of that but it gives you the results like this:
    not.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

And...

And...

I hate that format ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

To see your own threads, go into your profile and click the link to your threads.
    I think the other suggestion is pointless.

To see your own threads, go into your profile and click the link to your threads.
    I think the other suggestion is pointless.

I know you can do that, but i think it would be better if theses link were below "Private Messages" its the little things that count ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Please. I'm now bleeding out of my eyes and nose. What's happening to me? What did you do?

• Advertisement

Talliesin wrote:
    Please. I'm now bleeding out of my eyes and nose. What's happening to me? What did you do?

WTF :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

this is an insideous subliminal form of power fighting....

right?

this is an insideous subliminal form of power fighting....

right?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

Steveire wrote:

Nice, whats this? Linking to both my threads and threads i have posted in? :)

I had the link to "My Threads" bookmarked but for some reason it doesn't show my latest threads :confused:, this happens at another forum i go to that runs the same software

Steveire wrote:

:) Thanks very much for that

I have another question, when im typing out a post i can highlight some text i want to bold and press ctrl+b and it inserts the bold tags, is there any way to do this with the quote tags?

ctrl +

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

cloud9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Why would I want a link to "Threads Fighting Irish Has Posted In" just under where it says "Private Messages"?
    :pSorry.

If you need to go back to a thread that you deem important - subscribe to that thread?

Re: Ctrl + somekeyforquotes -> I don't think there is a shortcut for this. The formatting shortcuts are in place as the command sequences are quite common across platforms/broswers. I think that you'll find most ctrl+_ combinations are used by your web browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I don't think that saved searches will be re-populated tbh.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Your control panel also can store threads you have posted in or started that get replies since your last visit. Go have a look in the various options in there.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

There's also the Subbed List which shows any threads you've subscribed to, so if you're set to auto subscribe to any thread you post in they'll show up here, complete with last poster/last post time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Just make sure you are on weekly notification, you dont want an email sent everyday or post do you?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

You can also have no notification

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Gordon wrote:
    I don't think that saved searches will be re-populated tbh.
    The searches use a See Other (well, maybe they use a different redirect, but I'm going to assume they do it correctly for the sake of argument) to a cached page of results which gets stored for a brief period, so bookmarking that URI is pointless. However the links to search which pass parameters (keywords, userid, what have you) are bookmarkable.

Advertisement