Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United Land Holdings plc: PLease Respond

Options
  • 27-03-2006 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭

Anyone know anything about a landbank investment company United Land Holdings plc. Bought a plot of land in Bedfordshire under pretty much guarantee that planning permission would follow with a massive return on my investment. Company's been served with a winding up petition the week before last by the DTI. Their brochures pawn them as an LIA endorsed body, just found out the LIA(Land Invenstment Association) was set up by two of the directors of ULH which Ill wager is their only member. Both the LIA and the ULH offices are closed and Im getting the distinct feeling im being screwed. Any respnse is welcome, dont hold back I just wanna know if anyone else has been affected by anthing simimlar or has any advice. If not if anyone can direct me to somewhere that might
    Cheers
    Wheely

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Just did a google, it dont look goodhttp://money.guardian.co.uk/investments/story/0,,1733310,00.html think youve been had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Yep - You've been screwed, all right. See Askaboutmoney.com thread for more details.

I'm not trying to rub salt in the wounds, but what kind of research did you do before you invested? Where did you come across these cowboys?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Wheely wrote:
    Anyone know anything about a landbank investment company United Land Holdings plc. Bought a plot of land in Bedfordshire under pretty much guarantee that planning permission would follow with a massive return on my investment. Company's been served with a winding up petition the week before last by the DTI. Their brochures pawn them as an LIA endorsed body, just found out the LIA(Land Invenstment Association) was set up by two of the directors of ULH which Ill wager is their only member. Both the LIA and the ULH offices are closed and Im getting the distinct feeling im being screwed. Any respnse is welcome, dont hold back I just wanna know if anyone else has been affected by anthing simimlar or has any advice. If not if anyone can direct me to somewhere that might
    Cheers
    Wheely

When people boast of membership to bodies, it is always vitally important to check who or what those bodies are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Paling

Hi wheely
    It would seem that you are not the only one??
    I think we are in the same boat, so to speak??
    You can email me off line if you want??
    Paling:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MH-ulh

Hi,
    United Land Holdings are in the process of preparing their defence against a case brought against them by the DTI.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

MH-ulh wrote:
    Hi,
    United Land Holdings are in the process of preparing their defence against a case brought against them by the DTI.
    Are you representing ULH?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

MH-ulh,

Hello and welcome to the forum.Please read the quote below from the charter.

Charter wrote:
    You are welcome to recommend or fairly criticize a product or company. But if you have a connection with the company or any other potential conflict of interest, please state this in your reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MH-ulh

No. I do not represent ULH or have any connection with them. I read about it here: http://money.guardian.co.uk/investments/story/0,,1733310,00.html
    All information on the hearing can be found in this article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 markw

Please add me to any lists being created of investors in the ULH sites. I bought a plot at Chicksands.
    Thank you
    Mark
    mark90039@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

MH-ulh wrote:
    No. I do not represent ULH or have any connection with them. I read about it here: http://money.guardian.co.uk/investments/story/0,,1733310,00.html
    All information on the hearing can be found in this article.

So your name is ulh but you dont have anything to do with ulh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 nollag2006

It finally looks like we might get some of our money back from ULH
    ulh-investors dot org dot uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closing this thread as it is a Zombie thread

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement