Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT+ vs. Smart

• 27-03-2006 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I currently have Esat BT+(3mb 30Gb cap) and i heard Smart now have a 6mb line with no cap :eek:

Can anyone give me some details?
    How much does it cost?
    Are Smart reliable?(my broadband connection with BT has never gone down or given me ****ty speeds)

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I currently have Esat BT+(3mb 30Gb cap) and i heard Smart now have a 6mb line with no cap :eek:

Can anyone give me some details?
    How much does it cost?
    Are Smart reliable?(my broadband connection with BT has never gone down or given me ****ty speeds)

Thanks

The wonders of Google?

http://www.smarttelecom.ie/broadband.php

Smart are certainly reliable so far and their billing has been fine!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Smarts prices are as so:

3Mb/? = €35
    4Mb/384k = €45
    5Mb/512k = €55
    6Mb/512k = €65

All prices include free line rental.

Smart seem to be very reliable. However they are only available in a limited number of areas, they are not available in all places that BT are available, you can check availability here:

Because they use LLU, it can take a few weeks to change to them from BT and you will have no BB during that time. I think you will also need to get a new phone number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

5Mb/512k = €55

This looks like a sweet deal!!!

zuma wrote:
    This looks like a sweet deal!!!

You have to have a good line though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

dub45 wrote:
    The wonders of Google?

Sure we might as well close down boards.ie then :rolleyes:

dub45 wrote:

Smart are certainly reliable so far and their billing has been fine!

:) Thanks for the info

• Advertisement

bk wrote:
    Smarts prices are as so:

3Mb/? = €35
    4Mb/384k = €45
    5Mb/512k = €55
    6Mb/512k = €65

All prices include free line rental.

Smart seem to be very reliable. However they are only available in a limited number of areas, they are not available in all places that BT are available, you can check availability here:

Because they use LLU, it can take a few weeks to change to them from BT and you will have no BB during that time. I think you will also need to get a new phone number.

:mad: fu(k that

Sure we might as well close down boards.ie then :rolleyes:

I dont think the purpose of boards is to provide information thats readily available to people who apparently cant be bothered making the slightest effort to look for it:rolleyes::rolleyes:

dub45 wrote:
    I dont think the purpose of boards is to provide information thats readily available to people who apparently cant be bothered making the slightest effort to look for it:rolleyes::rolleyes:

If boards was only for things that you can't find out yourself there would be no boards ;)

If boards was only for things that you can't find out yourself there would be no boards ;)

How hard can it be to google for Smart Broadband?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Advertisement