Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another pointless locking of a thread

Options
  • 27-03-2006 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51110203#post51110203

The NWO thread in After Hours was just locked by Nesf, normally the most sensible of the AH Mods (which isnt saying alot but still). Why not move it to Conspiracy Forums and let the debate continue?

A 10 year old could do a better job then some of the Mods on Boards and I think its something that is long overdue in addressing.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I think aslong as people are still posting the thread serves a purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I like it. Righteous indignation. Accusing moderators of being children. Nice. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I like his name coz when you pull his finger he farts and thats funny lol

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Nesf, normally the most sensible of the AH Mods (which isnt saying alot but still).
    Ah yeah, maybe you'd do a better job would you? First off, all of the AH mods are sensible, that's why they mod the busiest board on this site. Secondly, the drivel that was posted in that thread had out-served it's purpose as a sensible discussion.
    Why not move it to Conspiracy Forums and let the debate continue?
    Instead of posting in here, why didn't you just re-start the thread in Conspiracy theories, then? It wasn't really going anywhere, but some fresh insight might have stimulated some reasonable discussion. It wasn't suitable for AH, but that doesn't mean the mod is in any way obliged to move it for you. They have enough to be doing without designing the layout of boards.ie as well.
    A 10 year old could do a better job then some of the Mods on Boards and I think its something that is long overdue in addressing.
    It's than. Apart from that, what makes you say something like that? Different mods have different styles on boards, and maybe you've had a run-in with one or two of them, but remember, they are the people who are in authority, which makes them right by default. If you have a problem with the mods of certain boards, just don't go to those boards.

I never usually reply to these threads because they always up the same way i.e. a tit-for-tat battle between the mods and "independently minded" people, but I think it's about time people realised that it's utterly hopeless giving out about mods without basing your argument on some sort of evidence and accompanying it with some sort of reasoned argument. Flaming remarks like yours will not achieve anything at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

It was going in circles it needed to be locked.

FMI where is the conspiracy theory board?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

It was going in circles it needed to be locked.

FMI where is the conspiracy theory board?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Pointless thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement