Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JBuilder/Firefox/IE

Options
  • 27-03-2006 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, here is the issue.

creating a small EIS for a college project.

I have a css file with the look of the site, and jsp/servlet pages with the code.

The CSS file is held within html files called header and footer

Borland will load everything - CSS and Code (both HTML and Java) but with inconsistencies in layout.

Firefox will load the basic HTML and all the java code (database hook ups and dynamic listings.

IE will load the CSS and the basic HTML but none of the Java Code (Database stuff again).

Any ideas why they all load up different information from the same files, and more importantly, how i can go about fixing it?

I can supply code if needed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,907 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hopefully someone will have an answer for this:

I have a javascript function in my code, which reloads the page when a drop down menu is changed, passing the current value of the drop down to the url, so i can use the value to create a second drop down. This works perfectly in Firefox - but doesn't work in IE. In IE it reloads the page but passes no actual value to the url. Can anyone think of a reason why it would work in forefox but not IE? the function is being called (as it does reload the page) but it does not work correctly.

This is the function i am using:

function StorageRefresh()
    {
    var Select = document.inventory.Category.options[document.inventory.Category.selectedIndex].value;
    self.location='Inventory.jsp?option='+Select;
    }

Another point is that i currently have the javascript inside a javascript file, being called within a header.htm file. I have tried it with the javascript inside the code itself and it still does not work.

Advertisement