Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Glorious People's Republic of Boards.ie - Mod elections?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

a complex?
    no. ive got about 5 stalkers at the moment. another one is always welcome.
    it brings out the paternal instincts in me. sometimes i even PM them when i havent seen a post in a few days, just to make sure they are alright.

are you alright?
    Eamo, that's the second keyboard I gone through in 2 years through coffee being splurted onto it. The screen is getting fuzzy now.

In answer to your question, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Hobart
    Mark Bosnich Fan

I wouldn't call that "alright" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Sleepy wrote:
    You mean this isn't a hippy commune?

Man, that's a drag... we gotta rage against, um I guess you until this outrage is put right... right after this joint, umkay?

So this explains why we've no legal highs forum then?

gET A JOB HIPPY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Rantorama wrote:
    However,I realise now that you having heard of a certain poster is the boards barometer of who should be made an admin or mod.
    Well, the criteria for being an admin are very simple:
    1. Own the website.
    Or
    [list=2]
    [*]
      Be very well known by someone who owns the website. Well enough that they'd trust you with the potential to trash the website and/or get all the admins collectively sued.
    1. Clearly have something to bring to it.
    2. Be committed to the very large amount of time you will have to spend on it.
    [/list]
    Someone should be able to answer the question "who?" a bit better than that before they are made a mod. That someone should be known enough by one of the admins that they are going to listen to the answer. If no admin knows you well enough, then you need to convince someone to convince an admin. Alternatively the admins can read through some threads relevant to a new forum, but they don't really have the time, so they will act on the suggestions of people they know they can trust.

"The guy who started this thread" isn't enough to convince anyone of anything (unless it was said about a thread that was pure trolling). DublinWriter himself seems to get this, and to get why Boards is a dictatorship ("*sits back and waits for the inevitable collective sense of humour brown-out*") his having a laugh with it does speak well to mod potential, though it's not enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement