Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euros Cheques.

Options
  • 27-03-2006 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Is it still not possible to write a cheque drawn on an Irish bank for a payee in another EU country that is in the Euro zone ?

I want to pay someone in Germany for parts they are going to send me. It would be so simple to write a cheque. Why is this not possible ? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You could try Interpay, you get their bank details and send them money that way. I dont think it costs much at the bank and takes 2-3 business days as far as I know. Euro cheques are available too, but I think you have to buy them.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

EuroCheques are long gone.

You could write them an Irish cheque but they'll have to lodge it to their bank which may take a longish time to clear and incurr fees.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

AnnaStezia wrote:
    Is it still not possible to write a cheque drawn on an Irish bank for a payee in another EU country that is in the Euro zone ?

I want to pay someone in Germany for parts they are going to send me. It would be so simple to write a cheque. Why is this not possible ? :confused:
    Cos the banking systems dont have integrated clearing afaik. As someone else said, its slow and expensive. Ask the bank about telegraphic transfer or whatever the eu equivalent is?

Advertisement