Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checking experiments

Options
  • 27-03-2006 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

I know the department of education randomly picks schools and checks that the mandatory experiments have been done. I don't want to sound paranoid but does anyone know when this happens and what the odds are of my school being chosen?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sariane

They came once during 5th year, briefly checked my homework copy and asked us a few simple questions about the experiment we were doing that day. Nothing to worry bout really odds are they won't come and its more just examing your teacher not you so nothing reallyto worry about. Cause if hes not doing the mandatory experiments with you its hardly your fault! dont worry! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

If it's a case of where you've done the experiments but just haven't gotten round to writing them up, you're given a few days notice at least. The examiners don't just arrive out of the blue.

I hope to God one of them doesn't come to look at my chemistry notebook, or lack thereof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

we have done a couple

we dont have the equipment to do the rest. Our teacher promised us that wed go to maynooth to do them.

that was last november

apparently they have last years physics class' copies locked away in case of emergency

Advertisement