Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin airport to Clondalkin

Options
  • 27-03-2006 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Just wondering whats the quickest way to get from the airport to Clondalkin via public transport. Can get a Dublin bus into city centre and then out but nearly two hours. How much would a taxi cost? Are there any other routes I could take?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

You could get the normal Clondalkin Bus into the city and then get the Dublin Bus 747 which takes about 30min,I think thats your only option on public transport.

Not sure how much a taxi would cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Yeah the 747 is fine, its just it says on dublin bus.ie that the Clondalkin trip takes 75 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

LUAS from Red Cow to Busaras and then 747 bus - If the LUAS is near you that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That 747 route picks up at houston station I think, so the luas / 747 shuttle bus would be your best choice. Btw a taxi to the airport costs about €35 depending on your taxi man and luggage you have could have you paying more.

Ah yes good thinking. A friend is arriving in the airport and it would be madness getting to the airport on a Friday so Im getting him to get out to Clondalkin where I work and then drive home the N7.

Wheres the nearest stop to say Newlands Cross?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well UrBus goes from Swords via the airport on to Castleknock and stop at Blanchardstown Centre. Could get a taxi/bus from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Nearest Luas stop to Newlands Cross is at the Red Cow.

Thanks guys, the Bus to Blanch isnt a bad idea either.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭bettlebrox

There's the Airport Hopper Shuttle bus, that goes to Liffey Valley, Clondalkin and Tallaght for 11 euro one way and 15 euro return:

http://www.airporthopper.ie/tallaght-route--timetable-page.html

I know this is an old thread but it's one of the first hits on Google for buses to Clondalkin from the Airport and I thought others would appreciate info about the shuttle bus! I've only caught it once, at 7am in the morning from the the airport and there was no-one else on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Please don't drag up old threads, thanks. Closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement