Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show about Therapy? on BBC2 right now

• 27-03-2006 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

BBC2's ATL program is doing a special on Therapy? right now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Frank Cronin

Deadly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yeah saw most of it. very good show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Was it just me or was the sound awful on the live material? For an in-house BBC recording I was very disappointed.

any idea when its on again??
    were the last two therapy? albums any good??

I thought same on sound of studio stuff - that said Andy's voice was weak in places. If you like earlier T? albums then High Anxiety & NANE you will love!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I thought same on sound of studio stuff - that said Andy's voice was weak in places. If you like earlier T? albums then High Anxiety & NANE you will love!

I love early Therapy
    but Im not really a fan of High Anxiety at all it sounds like straight forward unorigonal knuckle head metal to me

where there ealy stuff is as reminisant of Big Black and other noise bands as it is metal.

I lost interest in Therapy? after Suicide Pact (which was a great album, didn't like what I heard off the others enough to buy). Up until then I thought they were top notch.

Yeah I know they have lost legions of fans along the way - now they sit in two camps - metal & punk, rarely stated by them but they kind of nailed their colours to the mast by doing Ozzfest. So many expected Troublegum 2 and others reached their 30's and moved on.

They still to my mind write great tunes, dark black humour and obsverations on modern life. One of the few acts I travel to see - never disappointed in a live setting and still pull out the old gems "Broken Bones" etc on ocassion.

I haven't seen them in years (I think Ozzfest was the last time I saw them) but I wouldn't mind seeing them live again. They are guaranteed to rock your arse off live. Sound blokes too, I remember at Ozzfest I was in the front at that second barrier that separates the pit from the main crowd (I was in the main crowd if you follow). After their set they came out and started walking along the barrier there signing things and chatting to fans. Security stopped them fairly sharpish though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

NANE doesn't do much for me, it's very dead in places but High Anxiety is a damn good album.
    Best thing they've come out with recently is their live album though, Socophobia - one of the best live albums I've ever heard, and a lot of their high anxiety stuff sounds better on it than it did originally.

• Advertisement
Advertisement