Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book on Classical Music

Options
  • 27-03-2006 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hey,

Wasn't sure whether to post this in literature or classical music forums, figured it had more chance of being answered here ;)

Anyways I'm looking for a good book on classical (especially synphonic and other non-vocal) music, not necessarily about the major compsers but mainly focusing on the technical side i.e. explaining key terms and such. Really what I'm searching for is a listener's guide, I don't intend on playing it, I just want to get more out of the tons of CD's I've been listening to in a 'novice' way for years.

Cheers in advance for advice,

-unityofsaints

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

This one's pretty good, imo. Have an older edition of it at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭unityofsaints

Wow looks like it's pretty good value for a 1400+ page reference volume- does it focus on classical or is it evenly dividede between the genres? I don't want to read about pop or country!

thanks for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, the older edition we have at home is pretty much all classical - I think there are other genres included in the new one though but I'd imagine it's still mostly classical.

Advertisement