Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F/s General question

Options
  • 27-03-2006 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭

Could you put a house for sale in the General section? Has this been done before?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

That depends.

Do you want to sell your house, or encourage spam?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

We all know the amount of traffic boards gets and who is to say people would not buy a house if it was on sale here.And no I dont intend to spam boards.I was just wondering tis all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Expect to get about 10% of the market value if you try selling it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

If your lucky! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

ianmc38 wrote:
    Expect to get about 10% of the market value if you try selling it here.
    "I'll give you 12 grand for it. Sure they're selling them new for 18 grand on Komplett."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Shabadu wrote:
    "I'll give you 12 grand for it. Sure they're selling them new for 18 grand on Komplett."

I seen them cheaper in Golden Discs :p

Yeah I can just imagine the posts alright...*Would you take 12 grand and an Xbox 360*....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

[posts in feedback]
    That lying bastard I'mNotGoingToPay has just bought my house on the for sale forum, it's been a week and he hasn't paid me my money!!! :(:(

What do I have to do to get him banned/get my house back????!1
    [/posts in feedback]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

danniemcq wrote:
    I seen them cheaper in Golden Discs :p

link? or ban for thread spoiling crossjerk.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

mad m wrote:
    Could you put a house for sale in the General section? Has this been done before?

why not PM a mod from the for sale forum and ask, though why you would want to is beyond me.
    myhome.ie is the place you should be going to, that's where the grown ups go when they want to buy a house ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I think it would be a better idea if you PM'd a mod of FS asking if it would be ok to post up a link to myhome.ie and to keep within the charter by including the asking price or auction guide price.

You would'nt really sell a house through boards, but you could get traffic from us to your house listing.

But you are 100% better off talking to Cult or Lemming on this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Sparky-s wrote:
    I think it would be a better idea if you PM'd a mod of FS asking if it would be ok to post up a link to myhome.ie and to keep within the charter by including the asking price or auction guide price.
    That'd be linking to off-Boards trading... It'll lead to a dozen more Feedback threads whinging about being banned for linking to their eBay auctions,etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

No need to ask tbh. Post it up in F/S general. Why the question?

I know this is now in wrong place and should of asked the question to a mod in F/s section *Sorry about that*.My house is on myhome already,but got thinking of the amount estate agents get for not doing much,its just I begged to ask the question.But anyway I see someone is looking for an apartment in Accom/property....Here

So maybe people are not having the luck they are having finding what they want elsewhere, and want to try different ways/avenues of getting what they want.Thanks to all for feedback......

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

For Sale was originally set up for people who had old stuff, potentially lying around their attic or whatever, to be requested/swapped/sold around the community. Now people want to sell their attics.

Anyway, an effect of that original ethos is that there's no haggling allowed on the FS forums. In today's competitive property market, that doesn't make the boards terribly suitable. In which case, negotiations would inevitably move off forum (and who'd blame you in the case of a house?) which is also a no-no on boards. In short, we're not really geared up for this at the moment (not ruling it out or anything, just pointing out some reasons why it's not exactly ideal right now).

^^ Can see exactly where you coming from ecksor/boards.Thanks.

Advertisement