Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mid to Large commuter bike

• 27-03-2006 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm looking for a good commuter bike which requires low maintenance and can stand up to a fair bit of hardship. I would not really consider any less than 600cc. (I'm not the smallest of people)

Any recomendations?

Mick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Elfish

Honda NTV 650 aka Deauville / Revere

Have one for sale if you're interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mickbyrne

Whats the price, mileage & year

Have you a few pictures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

have an ST1100 if your interested...only problem is you wont go to work.. you will just want to keep goin..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mickbyrne

As with my previous reply,

Whats the price, mileage & year

Have you a few pictures.

Jaysus, this is better than the buy and sell.

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Diggles

Have a look at the Suzuki DL 650. Do a search on google and see what is said about it . I did and bought one s/h 2 months ago, no regrets so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭freewing

If you are any way tall stay away from the africa twin it will just make you taller and i dont think you can get decent road tyres for them . I had a pan european ST1100 for about a year , great for commuting although anything with a shaft drive will be low maintainance. ( I also had a bandit 600 for a while but my arse has never forgiven me:o ) hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

freewing wrote:
    If you are any way tall stay away from the africa twin it will just make you taller and i dont think you can get decent road tyres for them . I had a pan european ST1100 for about a year , great for commuting although anything with a shaft drive will be low maintainance. ( I also had a bandit 600 for a while but my arse has never forgiven me:o ) hope this helps.
    i have to dissagree with you there, my @ has no problems on the road & if you are tall then a tall bike is what you want, saves you breaking your back on a small bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Honda Transalp is a 650, nice size for commuting IMO.

Advertisement