Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza- thin crust or deep pan?

• 27-03-2006 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Or - for me - doughy pizza...

Apache's pizza is like this and it is the worst pizza in the world imho...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

My favourite pizzas are the skinny-based stonebaked ones with things like parma ham, mozzarella and handfuls of fresh rocket with cracked black pepper.... [/drools]

Is it Portugese pizzas that have a doughy base, then all their toppings, THEN the cheese, so that from the top they look like they're just a margharita?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

Yes, but to be fair, if you went to a restaurant that called itself a sushi bar and there was no fish in sight and they told you that, in fact, sashimi is raw fish, and sushi just refers to vinegared rice, and passed you a California roll, are you telling me you'd say "oh yep sorry got me on a technicality" and tuck in?

Was in a ramen place on Westbourne park road and ordered the "mixed" sushi platter and got 10 pieces of california roll, cucumber and crab.

I'm sorry, did I order the "mixed" platter? Or the generic bland uniformed platter?

I like sushi, in fact I love sushi, rarly have I enjoyed squid or eel though. And I'm suspicious of ordering either. I really need to trust a place before I try either.

Which is disappointing and frustrating and limits my selection, but I remember just how bad bad can be, I'm okay.
    Is it Portugese pizzas that have a doughy base, then all their toppings, THEN the cheese, so that from the top they look like they're just a margharita?

I like a thin crusted pizza, however if you are ever in chicago, and fancy an oddity head to the U district. You get to wander down the streets were they shot flatliners, and then theres a load of chicago pizza places.

They do a chicago pizza, which is, base, cheese, fillings (pepperoni, sausage cheese etc) another base, and then a further layer of toppings and cheese.

They do baby, small medium and large. The small could feed mullingar.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

I have to say, I was impressed with the Chicago deep-pan pizza. We went to this This place when we were in Chicago, but like Majd, I generally have a fear of the teeth cloyingly gooey dough on badly made pizza. I don't know if it was because of the beer, or because we were all giddy after a Sleater Kinney gig, but damn that was a good pizza, doughy base aside.

Ok, I think I'll split the pizza posts.

Advertisement