Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] Frozen Fruit

• 28-03-2006 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

This may not be the correct place to post this.....:-|

I'm just wondering where I could by plenty of frozen fresh fruit (does that make sense?). I want some high quality fruits, berries etc, that I can buy and put in my freezer, open from time to time, blend and make into smoothies.

I don't want canned fruit, or anything that's been zapped with anything. Or if anyone else does this, do you just use fresh fruit and go to the fruit market/grocery on a regular basis?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

Aldi and Lidl both have ranges, but I don't know if they're any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

M+S do some lovely frozen fruit. I think they have stopped using baddies in their food now so you should be ok. I had the frozen pineapple a few weeks ago and it was lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭KrankStricher

Any other low budjet ish suggestions, currently i am living on smoothies made from birds eye 2.15 frozen strawberries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Lindaloo

The berries from Lidl/Aldi are lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Do you have anyone with a cash and carry card? Musgraves & pallas do really nice frozen fruit too. Blueberries, blackberries, mango etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I recommend Aldi - I use their stuff for making smoothies without a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

In Dunnes theres a range of frozen fruit from an Irish company called Boylan Bros.

They are in hinged lid resealable containers(which I supply them with:D )so they are ideal for smoothies.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

How dare you plug your hinged lid resealable containers here!

Does this look like a billboard for hinged lid resealable containers?

Now, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MaxBax

interesting. i shall buy from all 3 and compare contrast and report back asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

They sell them in Tesco's too - Boylans is the brand and it's where the ice cream etc does be.. The one in Aldi has sweeteners/syrup the tesco ones are just berries and they come in a resealable box..

• Advertisement
Advertisement