Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How old do you look?

• 28-03-2006 12:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

So, some say women age quicker then men, how old do you reckon you look, do you look older or younger then your BF/GF (IF YOUR TAKEN)?

I have been told I look anywhere from 17 - 25, depending on what I am wearing and how drunk the comment maker is:) (I am 24 by the way)

My boyfriend is 22 and has been told he looks anywhere from 22 - 29:eek:

So what about you? whats your age range?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I've been told I look between 20 and 23 though I'm only 20 next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I'm only a baby of 19 but supposedly I look older... I'm not so sure myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Im 24, some say I look 18-20...which is nice!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i look a lot younger than my age,so am told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'm 22 and everyone from those who commented on my Know Your Nerds pic, to workmates and random strangers think I'm about 19. My 19 year old sister apparently looks 22! And my boyfriend who's 25 could pass for either 19-23 depending on whether he's shaved or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i'm 20
    i've been taken from 17 - 32:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Depends on what sort of beard I've got going at the time. I've been told I look like I'm in my late 30's to 40 with a full beard. Compare this to when I go completely clean-shaven. I have quite a baby face - maybe this is because my friends are used to me having some sort of facial hair.

I'm in my mid-late 20's..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I'm 21 but according to half the bouncers in Dublin I'm not even 18 yet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I've been told I look several years younger than I am. Thank God for that. I need all the help I can get. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 pinks

im 25 and look alot younger. (What does 25 look like anyway ):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Repli wrote:
    I'm 21 but according to half the bouncers in Dublin I'm not even 18 yet..

I'm pushing 24 and same story :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

25, depends on the company I'm with, for example last year I was with a 17yr old, the barman would serve him but not me!

Don't look that young but people usually guess around 21 / 22

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Well I'm 30 (and a half to be precise!) and EVERYONE tells me I look younger. The youngest I've been told I look recently was 18 (was in a nightclub by a drunkish man). I constantly get chatted up by men in their early twenties as they think I'm around their age. Also last summer a woman on a checkout in Tesco asked me was I going to my Debs as I told her I got my tan from the sunbed! Suppose the average I've been told lately is around early to mid twenties. To say its a compliment is an understatement and its lovely to be told you look younger when you've turned a decade:). Speaking of which anyone who's going to turn 30 soon and are worried just letting you know its nothing to worry about at all LOL, tbh its the same. I was expecting to wake up on my 30th birthday and feel different! Best thing about this age is the fact you really do feel so comfortable in yourself. Well comparing to your teens/early twenties. Sorry for going off topic:o I know I'm quite glamorous and always make an effort and am "made-up" but I think I look even younger without my makeup. Think I get it from my Grandad's side. He is 82 and still very fresh looking. He also rarely is ill and neither am I. My daughter is the same too. She's never ill (touches wood) and I can't remember the last time I brought her to the doctor. Must be something good in our genes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Im 26 and i think i look it but other people say i look younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 yumtastic_fluff

i am 18 and often get mistaken for 13/14......:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i'll be 26 next week but can pass for an 18 yr old, no bother, not that i want to, but alot of people say i look very young. when people se me with my daughter(5) they think i must have had her when i was 13!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

I'm 16, but have been told by loads of people that I look about 20-24...I'm not sure if that's a good thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Im 22, and most people think i look about 24 or 25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

18 but look about 16 without make up or hair done and up to about 20 when I'm all dolled up! Well not even all dolled up, just blow dried hair and some eyeliner, lipbalm and mascara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I'm 17, which I reckon I look. I've been taken for anything up to 21 or more, but it seems to be when I wear my glasses (or make-up, which I rarely wear!), not my contacts, which makes sense, as I think I've got quite a young face.

I guess it could be useful, but I don't drink, so being mistaken for older is no use to me really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Galvia

Look like late teens, which I am, except when I dress up and assume an attitude that would portray a more mature age (but not by much...must practice more;) ).

Staying physically fit has a lot to do with youthful appearance. And by exercise, I am not suggesting that you lift more pints and thereby exercise your arm more. Also sun exposure can age you quickly, so wear sunblock (know one woman who now looks like a lizard after too much sun). And for girls, a lot of makeup over time can affect the skin.

Oh, if you don't like what I am suggesting, just keep in mind that I am one of those young fools who is trying to look and act older, who will, someday, when older, try to look and act younger.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Youngest I have been guessed at was 18, but realistically everyone thinks that I am 23-25, am actually 32. My partner would also be guessed at 23-25 (he is 32 in 6 weeks). I do not wear heavy make up, do not actively get tans (and would wear suncream) and dress the age I feel not the age I am (but not in a mutton dressed as lamb way), I also watch my figure but would be a size 8-10, if I see my weight going up by more than 4lb I eat less until it is back down to the weight I feel comfortable at (though I eat very well). I do not feel old and do not act old and I chose my parents very carefully (all jokes aside, my dad looks like someone in his late 40's - early 50's though he is 68 and my mum is the same).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

When I was 14, people said that I looked 17, now that I'm approaching 17 people say I look 14.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

People say I look younger than I really am (25)

I have been told that I look around 20-22 (which is good):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

Im 20, and get told i look 20 :cool: the odd time people say 17-18, but no older than 22 or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

I think a lot of women look older than they really are,im not trying to insult anyone i think a lot of people know this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm 21... over the last year people have guessed me at anything from 18 to 24. Usually though I do look my age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I'm 24 and always get carded for drinks and clubs. People think I look 18-22 usually.
    My boyfriend is 23 and he looks older than me. He never gets carded for anything.
    I think part of the key to looking young is staying fit. I know girls who look so much older than they are simply because they have some extra weight on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

im 21, nearly 22, and have always gotten IDed a lot, im used to it.

but last summer in greece with my friends, all of us 21, the oldest of us was told she looked 15 and me and my other friend were apparently 14.

i know i look young but 14 is really pushing it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'm 23 soon, and I've been told I look 20...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

When I was younger I thought it was great that I looked older, I haven't been asked for ID since I was 16/17. Now I'm 22 and in the past year I seemed to have aged 5 years.. the average concensus is that I am between the ages of 21 and 29 (depending on whether I shave and/or what I'm wearing). That's a huge bleedin difference!

I can only imagine when I'm 30 that my age range will be from 28 to 45 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

I'm 35 but apparently look about 26-28.
    Told I looked about 21 a couple of months ago....which was great.

Hope I only look around 30 when I actually hit 40
    .....mind you, the hair is getting thinner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I've answered the how old do I look question more times than I can count - 99% to the fairer sex - I always taken at least 5 years off automatically for women in their ~30s 2-3 if they are in early twenties etc., I think most men would.

Come on we know not to be truthfull at this stage, this also applies to tricky appearance questions :eek:

- This approach is only common sense as it avoids pain and strife in the same way as not sticking your fingers in a blender does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

I look old enough to have to pay adult fair on the bus but I don't look old enough to buy drink without being I.d'd!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Galvia wrote:
    And for girls, a lot of makeup over time can affect the skin.

How exactly does it affect the skin? I know that it can block skin up and cause spots if it's not removed properly, but if anything surely it prevents aging. Most foundations contain SPFs and the sun is the main cause of wrinkles and aging (besides age itself of course!). It also helps to prevent damage from the environment - city air can be very harmful to the skin- and even damage from the wind!
    Anyways, I'm 18 and I've been told I look about 18/19 since I was 14 - I don't seem to be aging! Although first thing in the morning I reckon I look about 12!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I have been told I look anywhere from 17 - 25,
    I would have gone for 32 judging from the one picture I've seen of you. Who ever said 17 must have been really drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

FX Meister wrote:
    I would have gone for 32 judging from the one picture I've seen of you. Who ever said 17 must have been really drunk.
    Tar told me I look 17, and a couple of doormen have done the same.
    I am not particularily bothered, I do some work for Movie extras and they ask that you state your age range, I was just curious as to how far ones age range could stretch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

No worries. I'm just judging from your pic, it isn't the clearest. The hair style does make you look old imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

So, some say women age quicker then men, how old do you reckon you look, do you look older or younger then your BF/GF (IF YOUR TAKEN)?

I have been told I look anywhere from 17 - 25, depending on what I am wearing and how drunk the comment maker is:) (I am 24 by the way)

My boyfriend is 22 and has been told he looks anywhere from 22 - 29:eek:

So what about you? whats your age range?
    FX Meister wrote:
    FX Meister wrote:
    No worries. I'm just judging from your pic, it isn't the clearest. The hair style does make you look old imo.

:eek:

Are you insane ?

Telling a girl in Fashion/Appearance that she looks old ?

- Compounding this by error by implying that this condition is self-inflicted ?

Sir you may be only seconds from death, pay heed now, grow a beard and buy a one-way-ticket to Siberia, once there contact nobody for at least 12 years until this insult has not quite been forgotten but has become bearable. Do not sleep and never turn your back, not for a second, because a second is all it takes. God be with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

I'm 25 in June, I'm still getting asked for ID all the time, I mean ALL the time. For instance on Paddy's night, I was asked by the bouncer of a pub for ID, when I went into the pub I got asked by the barman.... FFS this pisses me off mighty. Going for women my own age is another story aswell

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm nineteen. No idea how old I look. Probably depends on whether I shave or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'm 19, and I get told I look 22/23 a lot of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

I'm 17. Sometimes I'm told I look about 15/16 and other times 20/21 :mad:

Raiser wrote:
    :eek:

Are you insane ?

Telling a girl in Fashion/Appearance that she looks old ?

- Compounding this by error by implying that this condition is self-inflicted ?

Sir you may be only seconds from death, pay heed now, grow a beard and buy a one-way-ticket to Siberia, once there contact nobody for at least 12 years until this insult has not quite been forgotten but has become bearable. Do not sleep and never turn your back, not for a second, because a second is all it takes. God be with you.
    What the hell?
    It's not that big a deal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Nearly 24 & still getting ID'd in off-licenses.
    Never really get it in pubs though.
    I used to look much older when i was much younger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

im 25 but look much younger esp with no make up. I always get asked for ID. I was told I couldnt get into the pub where I was going out on my 25th birthday. recently a taxi driver thought I was 17 so I was delighted!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I turned twenty last month, but everyone I've met in the last year thinks I look at least twenty five. must have something to do with the grey hairs...

I'm nineteen. No idea how old I look. Probably depends on whether I shave or not.
    well when I saw you, I'd have to say you look like a 24 year old lesbian :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That is eight years older than what my friend thought you were and about equally as lesbian. :p

so I look like an 18 year old homosexual who just happens to have a boyfriend? hmmm :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement