Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How old do you look?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Apparently, a sixteen year old lesbian. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

yeah I cant subtract anymore without a calculator.

16 year old lesbian? Not a bad look!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not from where I'm sitting anyway. :P

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

ando wrote:
    I'm 25 in June, I'm still getting asked for ID all the time, I mean ALL the time. For instance on Paddy's night, I was asked by the bouncer of a pub for ID, when I went into the pub I got asked by the barman.... FFS this pisses me off mighty. Going for women my own age is another story aswell
    That's Dublin for you. I get carded very regularly there, but never in the UK. Price you pay for a smokefree atmosphere I suppose (in addition to the €5+ for a ****ing beer).

I'm 23 and these days am generally told I look anywhere between 19-24. I prefer being told I look 19 tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm 16 but I'm told I look from about 17-22.....but once told I look about 12. O_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

ando wrote:
    I'm 25 in June, I'm still getting asked for ID all the time, I mean ALL the time. For instance on Paddy's night, I was asked by the bouncer of a pub for ID, when I went into the pub I got asked by the barman.... FFS this pisses me off mighty. Going for women my own age is another story aswell

I hear you. Turning 25 in a few weeks time, still get checked, still ge disbelieving looks when I tell people my age. It can be extremely annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Ive been told i look 18 or 19 bu ive just turned 17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

im eighteen but am told by bouncers that i look between 14 and 16.girl even tried to get me kicked out of a nightclub because she didnt want to get her friends number coz apparently i was "just another horny little kid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

About 23 ish. I'm 20 though. I don't think I dress or act young really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Apparently i look anything between 21 and 26, most commonly the younger so its all good :D

I've been mistaken for 23-28, but sadly i'm only 20 ...:D :eek: , 21 in 4 days yayy!!:D :D
    its come in handy sometimes;) :p
    I tend to go out with older fellas so his mates never guess what age i am until i tel them they assume its the same as the fella in question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I'm 22 but usually I'm told 19-20. Grew a beard last summer to see if it made me look older and was told that I looked like a 19 year old with a beard.

So you just can't win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Grew a beard last summer to see if it made me look older and was told that I looked like a 19 year old with a beard.
    Heh, ive seen that happen before... although in this case the guy was told to "take it off" :)

Im 20 but ive been introduced as anywhere from 16 to 24 depending on my facial expression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

I'm 26 and was recently told I look about 30, but I also was told I looked about 30 when I was 21.......... so I'm hopeing to still look 30 in 10+ years time!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Im 26 year old male. Since the age of about 18 I hardly ever got asked for for ID and since about the age of 21 I never have never carried proof of age ID and I never get asked for it. This has been true in various places, such as Ireland (Dublin), England, Austailia and all over europe. However, most people say that they would take me for about 21/22 and are extremly shocked when I say im 26.

Personally I believe it has alot todo with how you carry yourself and interect with people. Your manner can speak more about your experience and age than your face imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

22 looking like a 22 year old. Is there any other way? I mean, if you are 22 years old then are you not included in the range of what 22 year olds look like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 pinkest*lady

I am 24 and I would say I look anywhere between 21-25, depending on what I am wearing, how I have done my hair and all that jazz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Most people think I'm in the 21-25 bracket, the older end when I'm in going-out gear, but I'm only 17... :confused: Posted my pic in the "HOTorNOT" thread and people were shocked when they heard how old I was after looking at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I'm 21 and I think I look my age but last month I was buying a dart ticket and the cashier guy gave me a child ticket. I mean I could understand if some people think I look younger but I don't look 15 thats for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I'm 17 all my mum friends think im 14 or 15! INSULT without a doubt! some other people think im 17 or 18! I dont know its weird! Adults are the worst when it comes to decidin how old someone is especially teenagers imo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Aerial

I'm 16, but I have been mistaken for 18+ numerous times :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Im 17 but ive been told i look much older. Was told the other nite that i look 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

i'm 21 but i'm very often mistaken for being younger.
    i get ID-ed frequently,
    i was in hospital a few months back and several poeple visiting the ward i was in told me what a "brave wee girl" i am,
    at a funeral last year i was chatting to my cousin, ellen, who is 5 years younger than me and a cousin of my mum's came up and said to ellen "is this one of your little cousins then"
    and the beautician told me i was a good girl last week.

it's a strange old world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Got asked for ID twice on saturday! *sniffles* best night ever! :')

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

went to the foundry at the weekend and the bouncers wouldnt let me in I told them I was 25 and they laughed... then they got annoyed at told me I should take it as a compliment now thats all well and good but its not a compliment when they wont let me in to drink!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I'm probably the oldest cu*t on this poxy forum (30's :o ) and ive been told i look late 20's at oldest which im happy enough with you young bastar*s :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

jonny68 wrote:
    I'm probably the oldest cu*t on this poxy forum (30's :o ) and ive been told i look late 20's at oldest which im happy enough with you young bastar*s :p:D

You gotta be joking.
    Oh wait, hold on, you're right, I'm not a cu*t.
    You got me on a technicality there.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

im 19 and when i stayed with my 12 year old sis in hospital last year they all thought i was her mother... that was weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i got told a few times recently i look 25 :eek: :D
    must be my irishness :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Betsy79

i'm 27 next week but people said i look between 20 and 23 which is very nice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

*nearly chokes on my food* I was told I looked 29, I was 20 at the time :eek:

Bah, I have started to be called SIR because of my beard. I'm so shaving to get my boyish good looks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bah, I have started to be called SIR because of my beard. I'm so shaving to get my boyish good looks back.

HATE when people call me sir :( im not knighted or have any honour from the Queen, annoying. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

ive often been confused for being 30ish, im only 21. whats up with that.

irish male usualy look older than they are when they have a beart. same with my boyfriend everyone thinks he's much older than he actually is!

if irish male shave though ya look like boys ;)

some spanish guy called me madame the other day!!! i freaked!!!

Betsy79 wrote:
    irish male usualy look older than they are when they have a beart. same with my boyfriend everyone thinks he's much older than he actually is!

if irish male shave though ya look like boys ;)
    So what do I do, oh the confusion! :P

i wish i would have a clue!

it could be that people here are just not good at guessing age???:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I just shaved off my big bushy goatee yesterday and now I look about 20. ;)

Just did it because I was mistaken for a 40 year old during the week.

• Advertisement

what? for a 40 year old?? good lord how could that happen?

when i arrived in ireland and started going out i had to bring my id with me cause people thought i'm 16 or 17. as soon as i was wearing make up (which i hardly ever do!!!!) i had no problem at all!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I had a beard up until this year. I looked around mid-twenties when I had it, but then when I shaved it off, I looked around 18 again. I try to settle for a middle ground and not go out without at least a few days' growth. At the moment, it's more than just a few days' growth, but I'll shave after the exams, as per usual.

I had a beard up until this year. I looked around mid-twenties when I had it, but then when I shaved it off, I looked around 18 again. I try to settle for a middle ground and not go out without at least a few days' growth. At the moment, it's more than just a few days' growth, but I'll shave after the exams, as per usual.
    Same here, it's the only reason I haven't shaved. Laziness too, as per usual.:)

you don't have to shave completely. trimming (is that the right word?) it from time to time to have it nice and neat will help a bit. that was my bf does ;) and he looks a bit younger then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Some kids came up to me and my friends and asked if we could go into the off-licence and buy them some alcohol. They seriously thought we were all over 18. O.O

I haven't a clue what age I look, I'm confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

i've been told i look 35, as a 28yo male thats not a problem for me, though my wife only looks about 22 but depends on how she's dressed.

Though anyone who knows me probably thinks i'm closer to my age coz i dont act like a 35yo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Eh tbh it depends on what sort of physical shape I'm in.

If I'm overweight then I look older and vice versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Manolo Blahnik

I can't get served without Id ever
    on a average day 15-18 when I dress up 18-21
    going by what others have told me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I know what you mean. I'm only twenty but people never think I'm younger than 25. Add the goatee to the greying hair and I'm starting to freak out that girls will soon be thinking I'm a pervy 40 something year old hitting on them in a bar!

I look around my age, possibly a little younger =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

...about 5 years younger than I am!
    It used to be a pain in the ass, but tbh it's great.

• Advertisement
Advertisement