Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Sonic Youth album

• 28-03-2006 2:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently Sonic Youth's new album is out June 13th and it's called Rather Ripped. Looking forward to this, Sonic Nurse seemed like they were getting their act back together after a couple of boring albums.

Link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭the real ramon

Yeah I'm really looking forward to it. It took me a while to get used to Sonic Nurse: I thought that was boring at first! I liked the previous album, Murray Street a lot, it's probably my favourite SY album, although my favourite changes all the time. You can get the track listing on their website

http://www.sonicyouth.com/main/index.html

There's one trak called 'Do you believe in Rapture?' which is intriguing as the Rapture is what the born-agains call the supposed return of JC.

I'm still waiting for the recent re-issues of early albums to arrive here. More SY!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Yay!

Nurse was great, different to their other stuff to a certain extent, but very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm still waiting for the recent re-issues of early albums to arrive here. More SY!:)

Yeah, I really want the Ciccone Youth reissue. I've heard a lot about it but never heard it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

John2 wrote:
    Apparently Sonic Youth's new album is out June 13th and it's called Rather Ripped. Looking forward to this, Sonic Nurse seemed like they were getting their act back together after a couple of boring albums.

Link
    Waddaya talking about? Murray Street is phenomenal!

I didn't really like it, that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Meh, although SY are one of my favourite bands, they haven't done anything worthwhile since Goo, in my opinion. I'd advice yis all to get the reissue of the first EP when it comes out, it's very fine. It has about 8 bonus tracks too. Hot dang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Brother To God

lets hope its good! sonic youth are kinda getting back on track maybe after another six or so albums they will be back to releasing great albums.Great to see the reissues of the classics!

Meh, although SY are one of my favourite bands, they haven't done anything worthwhile since Goo, in my opinion.

Nothing worthwhile since 'Goo'?:eek: What about 'Dirty'? It's a phenomenal album! - and better than 'Goo' IMO! Murray Street was great as well- it was just a pity it was only seven tracks long. I think on that album that they'd been very pretentious with the pevious couple of albums and got their act together again. Murray Street and Sonic Nurse might have been less fire and angst than their early stuff but they're not in their twenties anymore and shouldn't have to pretend to be!

just got my copy of the ciccione youth reissue today. sounds good on first listen, especially like 'into the groovey'. a good companion to the 'sister' LP methinks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

The Whitey Album is amazing.

Anything extra on the reissue?

See Psychic Hearts and the debut are also out.

• Advertisement

The vinyl version of the debut has a bonus live LP with it. Don't know if it's on the CD. I haven't got either in any case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

What's this foolish talk of Murray Street being their best album?

It was grand, but it was no 'Daydream Nation'. Or Goo. Or Dirty. Or Sister. Or other stuff...

What's this foolish talk of Murray Street being their best album?

I find whichever SY album I'm listening to at time is perhaps the best, a lot of other SY fanatics on their websites discussion board say the same. I was probably just after listening to Murray Street when I posted that. I do find though I listen to it more often than other Sy albums. Perhaps it's just where I am in my life at mo, something more relaxed and introspective seems to fit with me at moment better than their earlier stuff. I love the general sound of it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Micky01

John2 wrote:

Link

This album was aparantly leaked a couple of days ago.

The set list is:
    01 Reena.
    02 Incinerate.
    03 Do You Believe In Rapture_.
    04 Sleepin Around.
    05 What A Waste.
    06 Jams Run Free.
    07 Rats.
    08 Turquoise Boy.
    09 Lights Out.
    10 The Neutral.
    11 Pink Steam.