Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Cork rock/metal/alternative Club 'Purgatory' April 28th

Options
  • 28-03-2006 3:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

THIS NOW STARTS MAY 26th

Purgatory

This is Cork's Newest and Hottest Rock,Metal,Alternative,Punk nightclub in cork city

The launch date is Friday 28th April in Club Renaissance Careys Lane, just off patricks street.

DJ`s Darkmaster and Spoons will be your hosts for the Night..............

The club is savage inside and definitely worth a visit.

So Friday April 28th - 7 euros/6 with flyer which is a good deal
    And every friday there after

purgatory.jpg

There is a map on the website www.purgatorycork.com especially for those challenged with street names in the city lol
    All other info on there too so do join the forum!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

so much and all as i love alternative music and rock in general, will i have to put up w. the usual clientele of the pav?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

And will it be infested with all the 16 year old goths from Paul Street?

Though in fairness, if this works, I'll be delighted. There's a serious niche for a good alternative night out

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

this is an nightclub over 18s no paul st. teens lol and no the night is for ppl into rock music not dance.
    I dont see why ppl are so Pessimistic,there hasnt bee a club like this in two years now and people seem to put a downer on it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmmm. Will have to see how this pans out but please GOD give me a decent ongoing alternative night....only the other night I was lamenting the death of Camouflage, which I still miss. Hope it works out well :)

we plan to make it as apealing as possible with some drink promotions,good tunes and good atmosphere:D all ppl need to do is turn up and have a laugh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Isn't that a dodgy alley to be seen going down?

i dont see why its a dodgy alley?i mean there is a bar down there and 4 resturants and street lights,the street leads from pa st. to paul st. i mean its in the centre of the city.if your lost there is a map on the website www.purgatorycork.com
    It should be a good night fun for all;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i might convince ppl ot come w/ perhaps.... but if it's full of pav types, im huntin you down standndeliver!!

and hurrah for a good alternative night (hopefully)

well the pav types only go out on saturdays my dear Tree so have no fear they will run a mile with the good music tho in there case they'd call it mosher music sad but true

It's the type of bar that I'm worried about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

Fiar play, StandnDeliver. About time we had a good rock club in Cork. I look forward to checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,691 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

this is an nightclub over 18s no paul st. teens lol and no the night is for ppl into rock music not dance.
    I dont see why ppl are so Pessimistic,there hasnt bee a club like this in two years now and people seem to put a downer on it.

Hope it'll work out, ill be there anyway to give it a try but im not optimistic after how Hanger 18 died a death due to lack of attendances last year.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Ah now, in fairness Hangar 18 ended up being little more than a late bar version of Fredz that you had to traipse halfway up Douglas street to get to. The Cruiscin isn't really suited by layout to a club night, which is why I personally never bothered with Hangar 18. I'm hopeful of this thing, but we shall see how it goes...(damnit, I still want Camouflage back in the Half Moon!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

Fysh wrote:
    (damnit, I still want Camouflage back in the Half Moon!)
    What happened to that anyway? It seemed to always have a crowd.

From what I heard, the Half Moon wanted a higher cut of the profits than they were getting and the numbers, while good, woudn't allow the organisers to keep it running and make any money. They moved it to Henry's for a couple of nights before it was demolished, then it moved up to the Cruiscin for a couple of weeks. I think it stopped then and a while later Hangar 18 started to try and fill the void...

(Ah, Camouflage in Henry's, now that was a laugh and a half)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

I have to ask. So what exactly is this "Rock,Metal,Alternative,Punk" music policy? Does that mean Green Day and Avril Lavigne?
    I think I might go alright for the look but just wondering what the music policy is. I had a look on the website but it doesn't say exactly. Could you give us some examples?

How stringent will the saftety nazi's be? Are people going to be hauled out at the first sign of a pit?

sex pistols,alice in chains,,soundgarden,pearl jam,nirvana,ministry,type o,rammstein,nin deftones,metallica,sabbath,some wack stuff and a load more,im not the dj but along those lines,if you look on the forum in the music section there is a thread where you can post music you would like to hear in the club,you also will be able to request stuff in the club.I mean i appreciate your gona give it a chance,so feel free to post your requests and other topics on there.
    Moshing is aloud except walls of death and punchpits and all that.
    Its gona be good,look out for the flyers they have a concession with them.

sex pistols,alice in chains,,soundgarden,pearl jam,nirvana,ministry,type o,rammstein,nin deftones,metallica,sabbath,some wack stuff and a load more,im not the dj but along those lines,if you look on the forum in the music section there is a thread where you can post music you would like to hear in the club,you also will be able to request stuff in the club.I mean i appreciate your gona give it a chance,so feel free to post your requests and other topics on there.
    Moshing is aloud except walls of death and punchpits and all that.
    Its gona be good,look out for the flyers they have a concession with them.
    ooooooh, very nice

the pav is still throwing me a bit though

i shouldnt worry too much,the dance seen in cork is only popular on sat nights,and people will betold when entering that its a rock night,so there is no confusion:D Also ive been told to encourage the corsets and leather pants to be taken out of hiding lol

• Advertisement

leather pants?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!? they only belong on motorcyclists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

i shouldnt worry too much,the dance seen in cork is only popular on sat nights,and people will betold when entering that its a rock night,so there is no confusion:D Also ive been told to encourage the corsets and leather pants to be taken out of hiding lol

I dunno about the leather Pants :rolleyes:

Should be a good night lads, If ye liked the backroom in Camouflage over in the half moon then you`ll love this. You`ll get exactly what it says on the tin (or flyer). :D

Soundgarden, alice in chains, nirvana, pearl jam, stone temple pilots, nine inch nails, metallica, pantera, rammstein, typo negative, foo fighters, pumpkins, sex pistols, vandals, rancid and loads more. that should give you a little flavour of the music policy. Also, a lot of the music played will be requests, We are gonna try our best to make this a really good night that will keep you coming back for more! ;)

Tree wrote:
    leather pants?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!? they only belong on motorcyclists
    sorry my sense of humour is showing,wear what u want by all means.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,691 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Few small requests.

Songs/bands that would love to hear in club, but haven't.
    Pure Rock Fury - by Clutch
    Any Monster Magnet
    Any Blind Guardian, particularly Mirror Mirror or others off Nightfall in Middle Earth (please?!)
    A bit of Finntroll maybe?
    Martyr - Fear Factory
    Any Down
    Any Mushroom Head, especially Bwomp.

Thanks! Will be there opening night anyway.

if you go to www.purgatorycork.com
    you have to register takes 2mins and if u post in the music section there is a thread dedicated to requests,you'd have more chance of the requests being noticed;) but sure here will do to......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

All noted, We`ll see what we can do. ;)

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Few small requests.

Songs/bands that would love to hear in club, but haven't.
    Pure Rock Fury - by Clutch
    Any Monster Magnet
    Any Blind Guardian, particularly Mirror Mirror or others off Nightfall in Middle Earth (please?!)
    A bit of Finntroll maybe?
    Martyr - Fear Factory
    Any Down
    Any Mushroom Head, especially Bwomp.

Thanks! Will be there opening night anyway.

well, seeing as drunken conversations in the ladies count as legally binding contracts, ill be there the first night. tryin to get some other bodies to come, sadly they hate any sorta clubbing

They may change there minds,ppl get sick of the same thing every week,i think there is only so many times you can go to the same late bar.
    With good music and a dancefloor,drink promos thats a recipe for a great night out.Variety is the spice of life.;) im looking foward to the launch night.

PURGATORY- This night is Postponed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sorry to people who are looking foward to it but badluck has struck ,the night should be up and runing by the end of may ,i shall confirm a date shortly

• Advertisement

Aw no! Let us know when it'll be on, I've been looking forward to this since I heard about it :(

Advertisement