Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension - putting it all together

Options
  • 28-03-2006 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi There,

I have been jumping between jobs in the last few years and I have pensions all around the place.

- I have an Hibernian pension that was stopped as I moved into a company that had a company pension. I called them but it seems there are not able to reopen the funds ....
    - I have a company pension that had to be stopped and the money is sitting there.
    - I'm now in a company which doesn't provide me with anything and I 'm looking to open a PRSA.

My issue is the following, is there a way to tranfer all the funds in one or do I need to cash them (and pay the tax on it...)

Thanks for any advice,

Josselin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

There are two main options for you and I don't know how viable they are. If you were setting up a traditional pension you can either have the new pensions company set up a Transfer Policy or have them set up a Single Premium policy to sit beside your new policy. The legislation on PRSA's is still pretty much in it's invancy so I'm not sure if it's yet possible to transfer from other schemes into it. Might be worthwhile talking to a financial advisor or getting in touch with the Pensions boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

josselin wrote:
    Hi There,

- I'm now in a company which doesn't provide me with anything and I 'm looking to open a PRSA.

Doesn't every company have to offer you access to a PRSA? Legally? They don't have to contribute but they do have to deduct it from your wages before tax for you.

Advertisement