Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the Alliance ever won a game of AV

Options
  • 28-03-2006 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

on my server, Dentarg, we get our asses kicked every game of AV. one time we lost in an hour and a half, after 30 minutes they had destroy 2 bunkers, SH gravyard and killed our captain.
    All they seem to do, about 30 of them, is stand around and try get hk's and rep but av isnt about hk's and u get more rep for winning than loosing. About 20 minutes from the end ppl are more likely to help, they want to get the graveyards back before the end to get more rep...they dont even think about winning.
    Does this happen on your servers of is it just my sucky server?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭DDLR

Horde win 90% of AVs on every server! Its easyer for horde to win,

The allic Capt and Gen are easyer to kill then the Hordes Capt and Gen, not only that the towers in the Horde base are harder to take down then the ones in the allic base! In all its easyer for horde to win :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Wall walking hacks jumping into our (Alliance) towers and ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

When you could join as a group it was easier for alliance to win (because there was a higher chance of Group Vs PUG).

Now however, its usually PUG Vs PUG and as AV favours the horde side, its hard to win without a) A raid leader who knows how to win and MUCH more importantly b) at least 30 alliance people willing to listen and with some knowledge of how to win (not dealing with SF, Best places to group from, how to get the horde towers).

Judging from threads on wow general, there does seem to be exceptions, but in general the horde bias in AV results in 80% wins for the horde on most servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

that and the horde can reach snowfall before alliance making it easier backup iceblood IF alliance even try to cap it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

As has been said its a lot easier for horde in several ways. The biggest advantage they have in my opinion, because often it becomes the pivotal moment of the game, is how much easier SHGY is to take than IBGY. Its far more exposed and can be attack from 2 directions. Whereas theres only one way to IBGY and assuming you can't stealth your going to get shot at by the archers in IB tower.

That said I'd say I've won more than I lost on my journey to exhalted although a lot of that is down to having decent ppl in the raid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I agree that it is easier for Horde to win although the alliance do have some small advantages.

Whenever I play AV I usually get together a stealth group and we take the Irondeep mine, for some reason the Alliance always ignore it. The supplies from there = our supplies X 4 or something so we just keep sending wave after wave of reavers in. I think another factor is that there are less Horde than Alliance so the Horde will generally have more individual experience in there than the Alliance.

3.5k rep to go, joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

A wiseman once said:
    "It doesn't matter who wins or loses in Alterac Valley, all that matters is getting to Exalted"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

They never win on my server. I'm not a 60, or even a 50-59, but what happens is the best PvPers on both sides are evenly enough matched, but there are way more Alli players. So Horde go in, are outnumbered, and so leave.

That and games have been known to last 6 hours on our server.

In the other BG's, Horde utterly dominate Khadgar until 50+, where things become more even.

I've often considered rerolling Horde, just I hate their races. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I loved low level pvp before Shamans get windfury ;D

Stonetalon mountains is THE BEST for outdoor action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

DRakE wrote:
    Stonetalon mountains is THE BEST for outdoor action
    It doesn't beat Stranglethorn for low level out door action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Caliden wrote:
    A wiseman once said:
    "It doesn't matter who wins or loses in Alterac Valley, all that matters is getting to Exalted"

QUEUE EFF TEA

When you could join as group alliance groups dominated horde ones. BoP/Mage spam.

Hehe, on our server, generally 10 horde players would be able to beat 10 Alliance players because the Alliance are noobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

In fairness rope, you cant really judge BG's untill you hit lvl 60.

lower level bg's are purely for color, fun and twinks.

Are you 30-39, or 40-49, Rope? Both are shambolic on Khadgar...

50-59 has a good rep on our server.

Rope, fun may well be had soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Alliance win most the time on my server because there are way more of them. Alliance will always have people in the queue so when some leave more will enter but when horde leave there might be no one to replace them.
    Same in AB and WSG you need to have a premade group going in or you will be outnumbered by alliance. It sucks really although when the numbers are even then horde usually win. We made had a premade AV the other day that was great fun and took only 1 hour to kill the alli commander.

Been winning a lot as of late due to a lack of Horde in games. :rolleyes:

I actually prefer losing fairly... Got flamed for telling my 'teammates' to stop graveyard camping and finish the game of WSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Binomate wrote:
    Hehe, on our server, generally 10 horde players would be able to beat 10 Alliance players because the Alliance are noobs.

Yay - generalisations ftw :P

Though I have to say as an Alliance player (2 x 60, MC/Ony guild, officer of the guild) that alot of my allies do seem childish. Personally I'm in my 30's and quite familiar with online gaming (MUDs since the late 80's) but I have noticed that alot of the Alliance are much younger, which leads me to wonder if the Horde are the same? Is it a case where a certain emotional maturity (generalisation I know:P) is required to avoid choosing a 'pretty' race and play an 'ugly' one? Or do the Horde suffer from the, roughly, 4:10 immature:mature ratio as well?

I'm just saying that on my server I've seen very few skilled Alliance players. At level 42, last night I was able to take out a level 47 paladin with his level 39 preist friend and a level 40 warrior on my own. I've seen it countless times where me and a few of my mates went ganking outside of Red Ridge for the laugh and two level 60's would show up in epic gear. My mate, playing with his alt (level 60 shaman with no epic gear) would slaughter them with the help of myself when I was level 40. There are maybe ten good alliance pvp players on our whole server who actually know what they're doing at level 60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

Binomate wrote:
    I'm just saying that on my server I've seen very few skilled Alliance players. At level 42, last night I was able to take out a level 47 paladin with his level 39 preist friend and a level 40 warrior on my own. I've seen it countless times where me and a few of my mates went ganking outside of Red Ridge for the laugh and two level 60's would show up in epic gear. My mate, playing with his alt (level 60 shaman with no epic gear) would slaughter them with the help of myself when I was level 40. There are maybe ten good alliance pvp players on our whole server who actually know what they're doing at level 60.

The reason for the Shaman beating the the 2 lvl60's could be the fact that maybe the alliance wouldn't have a hell of a lot of experience fighting PvP vs Shamen. If they had epic gear then they may have just been going instances wit htheir guilds etc. Meeting a Shaman for the first time is interesting when you don't know what thay are at.

First 20 times actually ;-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Hmm... fighting a shaman for the first time at level 60, despite having epic gear and being on a PvP server...

Barton, you make it too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

To be fair to Barton I got my pally from 1-60 without really doing much PvP (well, I got ganked alot) and actually started to learn how to PvP while leveling my rogue. Only learning how to PvP now on my pally after I happened to luck out and win a roll for a Blackblade of Shahram recently. What a wonderfully fun weapon

Advertisement