Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What does this warning light mean?

Options
  • 28-03-2006 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine has an Audi A6 1.9 TDi 130bhp. An orange warning light came on last night which was the letters mph inside a circle.

The car has cruise control so I'm thinking it might be something to do with a speed limiter/notification type thing, but we can't figure it out. His handbook isn't with him, so he's just wondering what it means?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

i'd say a wheelspeed sensor or something similar, take it to your local Audi garage, they wont charge to tell u what the light is.
    Orange lights tend not to be critical anyway ;) watch out for the redones though! lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭hawker

Some cars have a light that comes on when you are not being economical. Might be something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

AFAIK this light is a speed warning light. You press the 'Service' (spanner) button at the speed you wish to be warned at and then that light will come on. Every time you exceed the set speed it beeps. If you press this button when the car is stopped it will display the time & mileage to your next service. This is available on models with & without cruise control. AFAIK.

Advertisement