Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Advice Needed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Linksys is the best you can get. I'd look for 50 to 60 to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

irlrobins wrote:
    Linksys is the best you can get. I'd look for 50 to 60 to start with.

Wow, so I actually went technology shopping and got it right? there's a rarity. Thanks for the advice, I'll put up an ad I guess. Does it work like E-bay or something? They win, send money, I post wireless card?

Charter in the FS forum will give u all the details. But basically you post a description of what you're selling and a guide price. So your ad would be:

" Linksys PC Card 802.11G Wireless Card (I'm assuming this is it). Bought 5 months ago for 75e. Looking for 50e + P&P"

Then wait for people to make offers. People will prob post that they could buy new for X so they are offering Y for it etc. Once someone meets ur guide price or as close as you think u'll get then u accept and PM the buyer to arrange payment and posting etc.

Ok, thank you, I'll do that!

Uber-Helpful Boardsie Award: Irlrobins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

This is what I love about boards.. Theres always someone round with helpful advice!

• Advertisement

elmyra wrote:
    Uber-Helpful Boardsie Award: Irlrobins.
    :o
    Ah boo! I want to win the most lickable award! :p

irlrobins wrote:
    :o
    Ah boo! I want to win the most lickable award! :p

Most Lickable Uber-Helpful Boardsie: Irlrobins.....

Most Eager To Please: Elmyra!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

irlrobins wrote:
    feel free to store said consoles in my study room.
    But then you'd just have to get addicted to We Love Katamari!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

How do you all afford laptops! Damnit, Id love one.

scop wrote:

well my new one was a present, but my friend has one from pc world that he pays for weekly and it's only about five euro, look into it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

scop wrote:

my da freaked the hell out of me the other day when i said 'god, buying a laptop is so stressful, it's such a lot of money to spend on one thing' and he said 'ah it's not a lot of money these days. €1000 is just pennies'. i've never been quite so conscious of my complete and utter middle-class-ness in my life. and my da's not even a white-collar worker, he's a carpenter. weirdness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

...aaand to answer your question, mammy and daddy fork out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I went to the Bank and got me a 3 year loan for 1500 quid to be paid at 60 quid a month more or less. Thats the price of a social life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

rain on wrote:
    my da freaked the hell out of me the other day when i said 'god, buying a laptop is so stressful, it's such a lot of money to spend on one thing' and he said 'ah it's not a lot of money these days. €1000 is just pennies'. i've never been quite so conscious of my complete and utter middle-class-ness in my life. and my da's not even a white-collar worker, he's a carpenter. weirdness.

My da's pretty much the same, carpet fitter so roughly same wages and yeah they make a fair bit of dough.

Sadly my parents would not fork out but thats due to their, dont spoil em philosophy, which will probably just make me buy my kids everything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Got my laptop for my 21st last June :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

A thousand quid for a lap top!!! Oh... sorry, thought we were talking 'bout them other lap thingies... I should really start at the begining of threads!!

scop wrote:
    I have a desktop and a laptop. Desktop was a top of the range, all bells and whistles job that I treated myself to since I didn't have to pay rent last year (worked as an RA). Laptop is a second hand old laptop that I got thru boards FS forum for 350e. Bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

But then you'd just have to get addicted to We Love Katamari!

Does that have a really catchy Katamari Demachy (sp?) song in/on it? If so, it's the best song ever! A housemate appropriated it somehow - he's not sure how- and it's the most fun to just do mental-happy-crazy-dancy-jumpy-all over the place bopping stuff too.

Wow, you'd think english students would be slightly more articulate. Heh!

Advertisement