Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get BB or not?

• 28-03-2006 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭

Friday night I decided to do the monthly "wonder if I can get BB in the sticks" test.
    used http://home.eircom.net/javascript/Broadband/Offer/Public/index.jsp to check and to my surprise it PASSED and allowed me to order.

At the time I didnt have the account number on me so I left it until today to order it but now im getting:
    "Unfortunately we are not able to pre-qualify your line at this time.

Please call our Sales team on 1890 22 00 23"

Is their database down or was I just not able get BB in the first, havent had a chance to ring the number yet so I said I would ask on here to see if this happened to anyone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Where in Galway are you?
    Try this test aswell:
    http://shop.netsource.ie/partners/prequal_popup.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

"Incomplete result.**
    Please contact our Sales Department on 01-4336000 or email sales@netsource.ie"

I live in Turloughmore

Is there an exchange in Turloughmore?
    If there is it doesn't show on the "enabled" or the "to-do" lists.
    Try this checker: www.smarttelecom.ie
    The result will be a fail but it will tell you what exchange you're connected to.
    Any wireless options in your area?

"Your phone number xxxxxxx is serviced by the TURLOUGHMORE exchange.
    This exchange is not on the Smart Broadband Network Build Programme."

Talk about stuck in limbo. A nice eircom employee has contacted me through a pm and should be able tell me tomorrow what the story is, cheers.

Might be an idea to remove your phone number from your post above.
    Hope you get something sorted.:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Ring 1800503303 to find out if it is on the list , its possible.

Digiweb Metro works around the Lackagh end of that exchange area BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Before my exchange was enabled I was checking a few times. And at night time it would tell me it was passed and day time it was fail. When it was enabled Eircom sent me an e-mail anyway.

What was the time frame between you getting a pass at night time and your exchange being enabled?
    Just wondering as it would be great if I could get BB to play around with over the easter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

About 1-2 months. Although saying that Eircom did have it down for September 05 and it wasn't enabled until November 05 so maybe that's why it was showing up sometimes.

Advertisement