Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Lead time

• 28-03-2006 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Just had a quick search and couldnt really find anything recent on this...

Just ordered 3MB BB from BT (the bundle with line rental for 50 pm - not bad?), and was wondering if anyone could tell me about how long i'll be waiting...i selected self install when ordering, so that should quicken it up?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

just got me modem yesterday.....took about a month...thats cause

1) UTV gave me the wrong universal account number
    2) BT lost my transfer authorisation form...had to resend it to them

you have to keep on top of them...they seem slow to inform you theres any problem with the application....i rang them 2 weeks after i had applied and i was told about the universal account number being wrong.....didn't look like they'd any intension of letting me know this until i rang them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

They sent me a dodgy modem, 2nd one worked, all together about 3-4 weeks I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dan99989

Well i'll definitely keep on top of them, i've enough practice in that from IBB! At least i dont have have any Authorisation form to worry about, being a new customer and all...

Cheers for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Mine was only 2 weeks. Self install and transfering form Utv. Modem arrived in the post about 2 days before my line was turned on. Pretty painless overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Just under 4 weeks for me - that was self-install, transferring from UTV.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Pardon the spam, but worth a read:

http://telcowatch.org/showthread.php?t=37

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

5 weeks for me, moving from Eircom, you need to phone them on a regular basis as BT have a tendency to "lose" forms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Pardon the spam, but worth a read:

http://telcowatch.org/showthread.php?t=37

interesting alright..

PS-your sig is spot on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

There was a guy here collecting complaints about BT. He plans to send them to London. His e-mail is surveys [at] iol [dot] ie.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

7 weeks. Strangely BT lost the transfer form and then it eventually miraculously turned up. Of course if I hadn't been ringing I'd never have known..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

Yes, I echo previous posts here. 8 weeks for me. UTV gave me wrong universal account number. that lost a week. Then 3 weeks went by before I phoned them to see if things were moving a bit (they weren't). Another week lost because they had one wrong digit in my phone number. Rang back two weeks later, told application rejected due to incorrect number. One week later, modem arrives:). Ethernet connection simple to set up. Tried to log on, kept telling me password/username wrong. Rang BT, they had entered username incorrectly. Finallyt back online.

In fairness, they did contact me about both wrong numbers. Staff on phone were personable.

So ring every week or so til you are sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭g2e

10 weeks for me, don't actually know why..seems they set up two a/c's and got confused on which was my real order.
    Not one person could tell me why it was taking so long

Really started to get annoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Under 4 weeks for me. Self-install option. Was expecting longer having read other posts here. I suppose some people get lucky and if there is any problem it could delay the process a lot unless you keep on to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭dan99989

Well, got my modem today - she's flying at 300KB/sec download, and ~30KB/sec upload.

Beats IBB anyday! Although i will be keeping an eye on this whole billing thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

I gave up on BT after 7 weeks and about 6+ hours on the phone. I applied to UTV for BB and this took 4 days to get up and running!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

I guess I got lucky :D

12 days from initial call to having BB up and running in Naas.

Modem arrived and line was ready when it did.

They neglected to provide a passowrd but I used a 'master' one kindly given to me by a helpful Boardsie.

Advertisement