Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick Q's On Cleaning & Tightening Car

Options
  • 28-03-2006 11:11am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

I am in process of getting my Focus cleaned up and an rattles sorted out and would appreciate any advice.

First off I had protective strips on the doors but one lovely night in Limerick both were ripped off taking lumps of paint with them!! Should I sand this down and try and paint it up or get new strips, they are hard to find right one without the reflectors.

2. There is a really annoying rattle in the back panel of the boot, I checked 2 two main screws which tighten it to the body of the car but they are not taking hold for some reason (due to the state of the fekin roads)! What is the best route here.

3. The steering wheel, leather, is manky as hell, very dirty and got a coating of something on it, I have tried washing it but to no avail and if you run your nails on it the crap comes off but not very well. Again any pointers.

4. The main rubber seal, which houses the wires running from the main body of the motor to the boot (it is a hatch) has come away, therefore and for god knows how long, I spotted it when I took out the spare tyre, has been leaking in water to the boot pool. What would be the best solution here, I have tried to put it back in the hole but it comes out again, I have tried to silicon the hole opening but this is messy and has not solved it 100%. Again any advice.

Thanks

Advertisement