Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simpsons 17x15 vs. Family Guy 5x13

• 28-03-2006 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭

I had high hopes for The Simpsons (Homer Simpson, This is your Wife) this week, considering that it was written by Ricky Gervais. It was very disappointing. I laughed out loud 3 times (which, in fairness, was 3 times more than normal), but it could still have been so much better. Some of Marges lines were so bad they made me cringe.

Family Guy (Sibling Rivalry), on the other hand, was fantastic. 20 minutes of smiling, chuckling and belly laughs. Even the musical number was funny. Too many funny parts to mention....

There is no point in even putting a comparison poll on this topic. Chalk and Cheese. No-one would vote for The Simpsons.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'm no devotee of Gervais (or the Simps anymore) but this ep is actually (slightly) funnier if you just listen to it instead of watching it.

I think Gervais's role is killed dead because you can't actually see him & his little mannerisms and instead are watching this badly drawn caricature that never really matches his vocal performance. Just listen to a few mins of it, let your head imagine the guy and you might see what I mean (or maybe I'm just crazy). :) BTW I discovered this only by accident as I lost interest completely about 1/2 way thru. Yep its that bad.

Family guy i can't comment on cos I haven't watched it but (as much as I think FG is overrated poo) I reckon it couldn't be any worse than 17.15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

How far removed is Gervais from his Brent persona though? All of those cringeworthy mannerisms were on display in The Simpsons episode he wrote, the open sentences, the pauses after he speaks, even the embarrassing songwriting.

Advertisement