Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need Advice on Re-Registering a Car

Options
  • 28-03-2006 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Hi just need some advice on re-registering a car in Ireland.

A friend of mine has a car that is registered in France, it was registered in Ireland before and is a Right hand drive car..........

Would anybody know roughly how much it would cost to re-register the car in Ireland????

Any advice is great...........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Hi just need some advice on re-registering a car in Ireland.

A friend of mine has a car that is registered in France, it was registered in Ireland before and is a Right hand drive car..........

Would anybody know roughly how much it would cost to re-register the car in Ireland????

Any advice is great...........
    Does he still have all the paperwork & registration documentation from when he was here? I'm guessing probably not, if he officially registered the car over there.
    But if the car was originally bought here and he can prove he has owned it for the last 6 months while living abroad, it would probably be a minimal fee of about €200-€300. Best to get him call the VRT office at (01) 414 9777

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I would have thought no action would be needed. The car *is* registered here. Technically, it has been 'off the road', no? If the original tax book/registration cert exists, surely a new set of plates with the original number is all that is required? If the paperwork is gone, a duplicate can be obtained as long as you remember the original reg no.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Well at the moment it has French Reg Plates on it.......

I think he bought the car in the UK, brought it over here and registered it here........then he went over to France with the car and registered it there.........

Now the car is back in Ireland with the French Plates on it........... i was thinking the same as Esel, that cos it was registered here before it would not be to hard to re-register it again and perhaps receive the same plates as before...........if he received Irish plates for it.

Advertisement