Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSP Sessions

Options
  • 28-03-2006 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

I have a site that im setting up to use jsp sessions, now i've tried using a test site and the sessions work fine, now i setup sessions on my site and i login, set the attributes and then on the next page all the session variables return null, i know the session is still alive as i have the last accessed and date created on the screen! Anyone have any idea??????

Would other jsp code mess up a session like the <%@ page.....> tag???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

if ur storeing the session as a cookie the cookie requires the live domain which you will probably have as localhost on dev.

If your using the seession obj you shouldnt have this problem. (and iv been no help)

<HTML> <BODY>
    Hello, <%= session.getAttribute( "Name" ) %>
    </BODY> </HTML>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Are you sure the vars are session-scope and not request-scope? How are you using them/saving the values?

Advertisement