Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cultured Meat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

****in hell, what next???! I don't see what the point in this stuff is, i mean we already have mock meats that taste the same as beef burgers, chicken nuggets etc, so there's no real need for this.

Would anybody eat it? I definately wouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭shroomfox

Why wouldn't you eat it? And I'd eat it because it'd mean I could eat proper meat again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

One could put on their eco-friendly hat and argue that the carbon footprint of eating created meat would probably be larger than that of the old-fashioned sort of cow.

However, not all vegetarians are veggie for eco reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

I saw this thread and thought it was about taking cows and sheep to the slaughterhouse via the opera and ballet......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

thats freaky, dont know what to think about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

shroomfox wrote:
    Why wouldn't you eat it? And I'd eat it because it'd mean I could eat proper meat again.

It'd be still bad for you and I'm sure it'd involve animal exploitation in some way or another!!

But yeah i see why people would try it, i mean it's not as bad as eating a real animal

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Where is my cow in a top hat and monocle? :(

Advertisement