Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently the best re-mortgage tracker rate???

Options
  • 28-03-2006 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all, I want to re-mortgage to consolidate my existing loans into one and i was wondering what mortgage lender currently has the best option.
    I have looked at Bank of Scotland-Ireland and they are offer a discount rate of 2.9% APR for two years and a tracker rate 1.25% within the ECB there after. This sounds very tempting?

My house initial mortgage was 170,200 euro and the current house value is 245,000 euro. I am looking to free up 40,000 euro for existing debts.

Any suggestions, alternatives?

Thanks in Advance!! :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

1.25% is not great.

I was sure they were offeing a c. 2.7% discount rate which is 0.2% over ECB for an initial period and then 0.9% over ECB

You can haggle away with them if your LTV is under 50% and if the income multiple of the new mortgage is c 3 x Main income and no more.

In fact you can haggel with the all, NIB are not too bad these days .

The main banks can be persuaded to discount heavily off variable if you are a customer, especially if they think you will leave them. I know of one who got an 0.8% over base rate off BoI by ringing them and threatening to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SDunne4

Sponge Bob wrote:
    1.25% is not great.

I was sure they were offeing a c. 2.7% discount rate which is 0.2% over ECB for an initial period and then 0.9% over ECB

You are right but once you are borrowing over 70% of the value of the home this 0.9% figure goes up to 1.25% :(

Advertisement