Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BAH Radio stolen from car

Options
  • 28-03-2006 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Well I got home from a Dyno Run for my bike in Arklow on Saturday. I was then to drive my-self and 3 people to Clare in the car. When I got into it, I noticed the radio had been nicked! The passanger door had been torn open from the top. Then the door unlocked. Luckly they didn't brake the door or glass. So I just had to bend it back into place. So no costs there. The problem is though that my radio is gone. It was one of the ones from Lidl. cheep but really good. I stopped at ever Lidl on the way back from clare to see if they had one in stock on the off chance. Sadly not. So if anyone has one they want to sell on. I would like to buy it off them. Its the one with the USB port, SD memory card slot and CD drive. I still have the mounting for it, so all I need is the head unit.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

Alright Sutty, sorry to hear about that. Didn't know you had a car, thought you were a biker through and through :) Was the faceplate on the radio? I normally take it off, and put it somewhere out of sight in the car, but the thieves probably cop that. Its a bit wierd that they are stealing lidl radios now, they aren't bloody expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Hey Phil, yeah, I got the car there at the start of the year. For times when the bike just cant cut it (the car doesn't get driven alot ;) ) Sadly I beleave I did leave the face plate on. So its my own fault for that alright. I was kicking my-self on the way back from Clare as it took 5 and half hours and I was on my todd in the car lol. (damned traffic) The radio may be cheep but it worked wonders.

Its odd though, I dont think they nicked it to sell it. As there was an adapter on it for the antena. (had to drive all around dublin to find it) So when I seen the radio was gone I was more píss they took that. On the way back from clare I found it under the floor matt of the divers side. So if they where just nicking it, they woulf have taken that as well. They also didn't take the mount for it. Just the head unit it's self. So its all pretty odd. Ah well. Just need to get it replaced :D

So anyone wanting to sell their Lidl head unit, let me know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

I got this recently: http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=KDG821 and I'm very happy with it.

ah I'm not going to put that much into the car. (being the first one in all that) so €80 is all I really want to spend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Cogitosus

I was all set to buy one of those radios, in my case from Aldi, but I just missed them and have been kicking myself since.

So I'll ask the same question as Sutty: anyone got one for sale??:)

• Advertisement

hehe I asked first :D

Advertisement