Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decaffeinated Tea.

• 28-03-2006 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a nice, easily available decaffeinated tea or a decent alternative. Trying to cut down on my caffeine intake, but want to stick with a warm drink. Not really a fan of herbal, or fruit teas.

Used to drink Barley Cup as a kid, but don't think I could stomach it these days.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭KrankStricher

Hot ribrena?
    Hot chocolate?
    Hot nesquik?
    Oh **** you wanted healthy, maybee hot soup ina cup?
    Hot Bovril?
    Hot Ginger ale?

(FTl;some suggestions for hot drinks)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Were you born that way, or do you have to work at it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Lindaloo

My mam drinks decaff tea (allergic to normal), Lyons do it, it's in a pink box, tastes the same (it did to me although two friends of mine said they thought it was different)

Thanks Lindaloo, will try it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

White tea and green tea have lower caffeine levels and red tea (aka rooibus) has none but they're not everyone's cup of tea. (sorry) Also, not sure you can find white tea easily in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'll also recommend the green tea and rooibos, very tasty. Green tea has a way of cleaning your mouth of other tastes, so it's great while eating.

And if you're in Galway any time, you can have the box of decaffeinated Lyons nobody in my house wants to own up to buying...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I have been drinking rooibos or red bush tea for the last five or six years. At this stage I wouldn't drink ordinary tea or coffee. I find it tastes much better than other herbal teas and suggest that you should give it a try. It costs about €5 for a box of 80 teabags in a health shop.

Thanks guys, will check some of these out.

We have a box of green tea in the kitchen, so might give that a bassh now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭KrankStricher

please let us know how you get on.

(FTL;Can hardly wait)

Ah yes, clearly a natural.

• Advertisement
Advertisement