Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypertrophic Scarring/Keloid

Options
  • 28-03-2006 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

I got my rook and tragus pierced about... 2 and a half months ago. My boyfriend has now pointed out that the at the top of my rook and back of my tragus the skin looks like it's growing over the piercing. He pointed this out a while ago and I just thought it was try skin and was working at moisturising. When he pointed it out again I had a mini panic attack about keloids. I'm now considering that it might by hypertrophic scarring. As I can't actually see it and have left my camera at home I can't know for sure what it is. I'm off to get tea tree oil in a while to see if that'll help but does anyone know of any other home remedies for hypertrophic scarring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Go to your doctor and get cortisone injections will clear em up in a week otherwise keep em clean and massage them (with clean hands) and it'll clear up in a bit also check that your jewelery isn't putting pressure on the holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I'm reluctant to go to the doctor as I am unsure of whether it is scarring or not. I went to a piercer today and he said that both piercings look grand but changed my tragus from a barbell to a ring (and a ring with a massive diameter at that!) to relieve pressure as you said. I bought more tea tree oil and have cleaned both piercings and massaged them with a cotton bud (I can't really massage my rook with my hands!!!). Hopefully all will clear up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Also avoid sleeping on them.and post a pic if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I never sleep on that side either. I left my camera at home (I'm in college currently) but will post pictures at the weekend if I can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Baffled

I had the same problem when I got my tragus pierced. What worked for me was, as I was cleaning it too much and following the usual cleaning rules, I tryed cleaning it with ordinary boiled water with nothing in it and it healed up fine.

Not sayin it will work for everyone, but it worked for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Baffled wrote:
    I had the same problem when I got my tragus pierced. What worked for me was, as I was cleaning it too much and following the usual cleaning rules, I tryed cleaning it with ordinary boiled water with nothing in it and it healed up fine.

Not sayin it will work for everyone, but it worked for me.

Same thing with me - same problem and same solution.

Advertisement