Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Site to Build??

Options
  • 28-03-2006 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering about the best way to do this. Can you approach a farmer or person with land in an area you like and literally enquire about the possibility of buying some land.

There is little to no sites coming available though the auctioneers.

Has anyone done this? Was it successful?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Yep, done it. Just ask the farmer if he would consider selling a plot subject to planning (the difficult part!!!). They will either say yes or no. Hardly likely to chase you down the road with a pitchfork. If they say no, try and leave your contact details in case they change their mind after thinking about it.

No need to go through an agent if the farmer is willing to sell. Just get a solicitor to draw up contracts and away you go.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

decbuck wrote:
    Hi,
    I was wondering about the best way to do this. Can you approach a farmer or person with land in an area you like and literally enquire about the possibility of buying some land.

There is little to no sites coming available though the auctioneers.

Has anyone done this? Was it successful?

I thought about doing this lately when I heard a fella was thinking of selling a bit of land without planning permisson but didn't because of the planning issues It joined a main road so planing was unlikely Also if you did get planing restriction might be placed that you can't sell it for 5 years which didn't suit me because myself and one of the friends had another site coming up and needed the money for developing that site. What you could do is when you find a piece of land talk to an auctioneer or arcitect about planning issues for where it is. thats what i did and the reason i didn't buy the land

Advertisement