Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free bibles!

Options
  • 28-03-2006 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else get handed a free new testament when walking into the library today??Yay something to read when you get bored studying!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

yeah they are all over the place. Im too nice to say no and now I have 16 bibles. Might start handing out myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Grimes wrote:
    yeah they are all over the place. Im too nice to say no and now I have 16 bibles. Might start handing out myself.

I have three now cos I hate saying no too!oh well hopefully all these bibles will give me a bit of divine inspiration during these exams

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I got one of them a couple of years ago, one of my VERY religious housemate got very annoyed when I started quoting from it(randomly) in arguements.

after a week we will all be walking around here like monks quoting from the things.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

'He who without sin cast the first stone'

'By the rivers of babylon where we sat down'

[yes i did learn my bible quotes from popular music...]

• Advertisement

ill quote from my bible at random

Now when they had left the multitude
    they took him along in the boat as he
    was and other little boats were also with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

I asked one of them if the New Testament was an improvement on the Old and he just gave me a bemused look!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I want a bible!!! Nobody gave me a bible!!

*Actually already own bible since world youth day during the summer (yep, religious nut, that's me), but am still a huge fan of freebies...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Which bloody ott religious nut was handing these out?!

Grimes, why are you in the library when you're only in first year?!?!?! :eek: Why am I doing no work?!?!?!?!??!?! :(:(:(:( argh

I have a Bible on my phone, purely cos it's cool :) I can choose the book, verse and chapter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

How come you guys get full books this time, and last time when I was around they gave us a postcard to fill our details out to get one?

Of course, you can always order free ones from their same site, http://www.rhemainc.org/... Nice if any of you are in a get-free-samples-sent-to-other-people's-houses war, like I was previously, with a certain Presidential candidate!... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools

I'm sooo gonna remember that one and use it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee

DaveMcG wrote:

Grimes, why are you in the library when you're only in first year?!?!?! :eek: Why am I doing no work?!?!?!?!??!?! :(:(:(:( argh

For the record I didnt open one book. Posted on Boards. Researched the Occult cause i wanted to. Researched the vanishing of Lord Lucan. And chatted to Scraggs.Got some sleep and smokes..

And remember
    Wear not snadles made of fish but sandles made of wood and nails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

once i was in a band whose lyrics consisted entirely of quotations from one of those bibles. strangely enough i don't think we ever made it outside the practice room - the lad above probably didn't take too kindly to a bunch of atheists and agnostics having the laugh with the divine word..

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

I saw them too. Two oldish guys. And everyone tried not to be approached by them.

I felt sorry for them. So, I went and took one. He was genuinely happy when he said "enjoy it".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yeah they were sweet and there was no malice intended.At least they werent pushing them in our faces or walking up to people etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Grimes wrote:
    For the record I didnt open one book. Posted on Boards. Researched the Occult cause i wanted to. Researched the vanishing of Lord Lucan. And chatted to Scraggs.Got some sleep and smokes..

And remember
    Wear not snadles made of fish but sandles made of wood and nails.

I love how it was originally posted by Matthew :D

An apostle way ahead of his time :p

Owen, check yer UCD email pleeeease!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 VenusInFurs

Yaaaay, free bibles. Something to wipe me arse with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

ah now! if i'd to choose between the bible and su election manifestos i know which i'd be using, and at least the former wasn't shoved in your face

• Advertisement

at least i have some respect for the bible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

One of the few things you can be assured of in life, is that theres very little need to buy a bible because people want you to have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

Yaaaay, free bibles. Something to wipe me arse with.

As a á la carte catholic (i do communions and confirmations, wedding and funerals but not the whole devotion thing, look after the living is what i say!) i dont really get offended by that. but like i'm just curious what wud happen if you said that about the Qu'Ran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

As a á la carte catholic (i do communions and confirmations, wedding and funerals but not the whole devotion thing, look after the living is what i say!) i dont really get offended by that. but like i'm just curious what wud happen if you said that about the Qu'Ran.

Be called a bigot, obviously, welcome to 1984...I mean 2006. Sorry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

scop wrote:
    Be called a bigot, obviously, welcome to 1984...I mean 2006. Sorry ;)
    :D

He'd probably get a barrage of death threats tbh... Non-Muslims are still subject to Muslim law, y'see!

Advertisement