Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost to fit a car stereo

Options
  • 28-03-2006 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

How much should it cost me to get a car stereo installed? I have heard that it should cost around €20. Is this correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

shnaek wrote:
    How much should it cost me to get a car stereo installed? I have heard that it should cost around €20. Is this correct?

I'd say the guy for fits car stereos for €20 each may not be the cleverest tool in the shed. :D

Very unlikely you will pay that little for the job unless he is a very good mate. I would guess anywhere around €80 or €90 depending on who you go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

90 to have a radio fitted is robbery!

Whoever charges/pays that is being stung!

30 blips is about right depending on if any extra parts are needed eg loom adapter or facia,All in it takes about 5 minutes DIY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

I won't be paying 90 spons anyway! I got the radio from a friend who bought a second hand car - the cd player is probably only worth 70 or 80 squid. I think I'll make a few calls to see what kind of price I am looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

shnaek wrote:
    I won't be paying 90 spons anyway! I got the radio from a friend who bought a second hand car - the cd player is probably only worth 70 or 80 squid. I think I'll make a few calls to see what kind of price I am looking at.

Where are you based. I know a guy in shankill that should do it for around 60 euro.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It is not that difficult at all!

once you get the correct removal keys for your old radio (about €5)
    and it has an ISO or compatiable wiring it should only take 15 Mins tops.

I had no clue how to do it but just gave it a shot.

Surprised myself how simple it was:D

Mik

• Advertisement

mik_da_man wrote:
    It is not that difficult at all!

once you get the correct removal keys for your old radio (about €5)
    and it has an ISO or compatiable wiring it should only take 15 Mins tops.

I had no clue how to do it but just gave it a shot.

Surprised myself how simple it was:D

Mik

i would never be able to do it myself,i would mess it up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what type of car do you have?

colm_mcm wrote:

Who the original poster or me:D

the original poster, but you can tell me if you want dre!

colm_mcm wrote:
    the original poster, but you can tell me if you want dre!

:D I have a vw golf(the best built cars in the world;) )

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    :D I have a vw golf(the best built cars in the world;) )

I believe that slogan is taken

"most overrated car in the world" is still availible though.......

colm_mcm wrote:
    I believe that slogan is taken

"most overrated car in the world" is still availible though.......

hehe:D . and most over priced car in the world is still available

I think they prefer "vorsprung durch technik" which roughly translated means tarted up VW with worse engines

colm_mcm wrote:

Rover 620

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

drdre wrote:
    i would never be able to do it myself,i would mess it up:D
    OMG pull old radio out...push new radio in...fittin adaptors where appropriate....what's the trouble?
    The radio in the new Golf is double din (double the size of a standard) so you'd need a fascia adaptor or a double din replacement radio....

fletch wrote:
    OMG pull old radio out...push new radio in...fittin adaptors where appropriate....what's the trouble?
    The radio in the new Golf is double din (double the size of a standard) so you'd need a fascia adaptor or a double din replacement radio....

i know its that easy.i seen my one get fitted in my last car but i donot like the look of ALL the wires at the back of the headunit.when i was getting my carkit connected to the headunit the guy knew what he was doing ,just cutting wires and connecting it and if that was me it would have taken me at least two days to fit a car kit.:D and at the end it wouldnt work.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

I always thought it was a big job but when I got my Passat last year said f**k it if I am going to pay 50 quid to a guy for a five min job and done it myself, took me about an hour because I made sure to double and triple check everything(really took me 20 mins when I got all the right tools) and slotted it in, never been a problem and would never pay someone again to fit it

I was chatting a friend of mine who told me he got it done at a mazda garage for €20, and there was splicing and soldering to be done also. So anyone out there who is paying €90 - stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

you only need to do soldering if you choose not to use adapter cables.

Advertisement